A question of tyres, rust and sills...

Hello everyone,

The other day I removed the the Tires to visually inspect them and to check under the car for any visible damage and assess the condition.

I have noticed that there are cracks on tires (here is the video) and a whole on passenger side wheel arch and the clip on the inner boot passenger side was not on its position. (here is video for driver side rear and passenger side rear)

Went to test the car on the road it was sort of pulling hard on the motorway! Needed a lot of accelerator push to get to 60. Once at 60 that the drive was smooth.

Did a complete turn on the right and noticed that the clicking noise was not there any more, although I have not changed the CV joint!

Now the questions are:

1 How safe are those Tires?
2 Can travel on the Motorway with those tires?

The car has done 128k miles, has 1.3 engine and running smooth. Considering the fact that the sills are done once but not very good. and the rust underneath and MOT is due in June. I need your advise and opinion on:

1. Shall I scrap it?
2. Sell as it is(how much should I ask for?)
3. Do the sills and keep as long as it runs?

Regards

You need to change these cracked tyres. It can be flat anytime. It was happen to me a lot. Buy second hand tyres which is so cheap to buy. It will be not safe to travel on motorway journeys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These rust areas are not good. It will be fail when you book new mot. You can drive up to June then scrap it for £100ish. If you are hobby mechanic then I would weld some patches and put rust treatments. It will be very hard for you to do it yourself. There is no point to sell to other buyer because you know that your car is the worst condition at the moment.

If you want to drive until June then you need to keep your eyes on these rear arches all the time.

Edit: just check with your videos again. These rear sills are not good so you will need to weld both new sills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back