Running lean on idle

Rob

Cosworth turbo'd 1.3
Hey guys.... me again.

Just a quick one, im using the GA16 injectors (black) but with the Apexi neo im having to put in fuel on idle to get it to run near stoich other wise it does run very lean 17/18

Any ideas?

Rob

Surely if its running closed loop on idle i shouldnt need to bump up the Apexi readings to put in more fuel? Especially as its got the bigger injectors? If anything i should have to take fuel away?

Ps i may be totally wrong so correct me if i am! haha

I have the same issue and noddie reckons a small air leak could cause it? I know for a fact the plate covering the maf board isnt fully sealed on my TB.

I have the same issue and noddie reckons a small air leak could cause it? I know for a fact the plate covering the maf board isnt fully sealed on my TB.

Ive not had the TB apart. Ill recheck the boost hoses but cant hear any air leaks

a leak would have to be post/downstream of the t/b to affect the idle rob, and my stock pump was supplying SR20 injectors 10:1 a/f/r,s @ 130hp, so it wont be that

a leak would have to be post/downstream of the t/b to affect the idle rob, and my stock pump was supplying SR20 injectors 10:1 a/f/r,s @ 130hp, so it wont be that

Strange though isnt it that with the Ga16 injectors fitted its not over fueling on idle with the Neo turned off. If i remember right its almost off the scale lean with the Neo and all fuel corrections turned off.

Maybe its worth me trying to get the SR20 fuel rail sealed and fit that with the SR20 injectors and see what that does

it sounds like you have a leak or sensor issue to me rob, the mot does a natural idle emissions test nowadays iirc (so would need to be closed looping for that).
is yours closed looping @ cruise ?

Maybe its worth me trying to get the SR20 fuel rail sealed and fit that with the SR20 injectors and see what that does
have you set the idle like it says in haynes ? if the tps is,nt set or the idle control valve is out of its perameters (ie, throttle idle screw too far out)
there,s one of my vids on youtube recently showing me forcing it out of closed loop/lean by opening a leak valve on my dash

Since having the micra i havent touched the TPS or idle control valve, would it need adjusting for the turbo conversion?

Good point franky!

suppose i better go buy a haynes manual... unless someone has the procedure written down?

PS. I love you frank, thanks for your help. I owe you a beer or 2 if i see you at a car show!

:D
basically you remove the tps and blip the thottle a few times, then adjust the plastic allenkey screw on the o/s/r corner iirc

So is the allen key a air/fuel mix adjustement screw or just allow more/less air past?

Found the air leak
it simple bleeds air past the throttle eh, so if the revs are still too high, you need to close the butterfly more
Found the air leak! Found a vacuum hose from front of inlet off!

Adjusted the idle too, the fueling has riched out slightly but still sits about 15 on idle.

Back