Running Really Rich....

Stani1029

Club Member
this is on the turbo one, as you all know the car used to run very lean but after a few new parts the car is running very rich. constant black smoke from the exhaust and also when the car comes on boost(5ooorpm) its like at that point theres too much fuel, either that or the ecu is stopping it? if the foot isnt planted the revs can go past 5000rpm, one thing ive always thought about is that when i got my custom exhaust made ive always run the car without a lambda sensor, what are the chance of fitted one of these and the car running sound again :p

or what do people think??

stani :blush:

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
So you run no lambda? If you do then the ECU has no idea what's going on....

What 'new parts' did you fit?

Not really true. The stock lambda sensor only works over a very narrow region out of this it doesn't know what's going on and to be honest usually it doesn't matter.

what is the state of mapping and sensors atm? just thinking that if you were to give everyone a bit more info about the install then people would be able to help a bit more...

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Well at the moment I have a car in Birmingham that has been running for about a year and a half using a K11 ecu SR20 airflow meter on a GA14 turbocharged engine running 0.8 bar boost. its been used as a daily driver and has not had any problems with it at all.

It seems that this IS a viable option for Micras/Almeras running the CG and GA series engines. Its still fiddly and a bit time consuming to set up but has been proven to work, more to the point I have several maps now that make the whole thing much simpler, and more importantly its much better than doing it with an e-manage and far cheaper than a standalone setup.

For owners however I am not sure how this helps the DIY'er. If there was a real market for this I would do more development into it but it really doesnt justify the time (i.e. turbo managment kit for K11s)

Ed