Running a little Weird

CMF_Virusash

» CMF Member
Been trying to figure this micra out for some time, sorted out a video to help with the diagnosing

My micra used to rev quite high when started cold, it used to rev to around 2500rpm then back down then back up etc etc, but its ok.. the only problem i am having now is the emissions failure, the exhaust popping at low revs and it sometimes stalls be itself.

Mods on this car includes the GA16 airbox, jun flywheel and heavy duty clutch and lowered thats all. apart from that the car is stardard

I have cleaned the IAV and checked and placed the O ring properly with WD40 and removed the waxstat mech.
it used to rev really high when cold upto 2500rpm on and off until warm.. but its ok since removing the waxtstat and cleaning the IAV.

As the video shows the exhaust is popping and the car stalls sometimes but not always. The car went for an MOT and failed on emissions... i didnt get an emissions sheet but a failure sheet saying " Exhaust emissions Lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits (7.3.D.4)"

Here is the video... sorry about the quality of sound.
http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa61/Micraholic/?action=view¤t=MAQ00156.mp4

Please help... Thanks all

CMF_Virusash

» CMF Member
Yep I have tried the resoldering the TB but no difference...
lambda sensor id like to test first before ruling it out, any ideas on how to test it?

the garage simply said its too much to sort out and to scrap it but i cant let it go.. he didnt give me any other ideas on how to fix it

please help

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Virusash WROTE:

"Yep I have tried the resoldering the TB but no difference...

lambda sensor id like to test first before ruling it out, any ideas on how to test it?

the garage simply said its too much to sort out and to scrap it but i cant let it go.. he didnt give me any other ideas on how to fix it

please help

People only say that when their general attitude is 'I can't be assed' and they are morons.

If you want to rule out dodgy lambda sensor feedback, just fire the car up with the lambda sensor disconnected and post back how it idles.

CMF_Lodo75

» CMF Member
well it is bad in the way that your lambda is broken I think. there should be a difference between with and without the lambda (or at least a notation on the dash I always thought). hopefully this is the solution. And your micra can purr happily for the years to come with this easy (not so cheap) fix.

Back