running problems contined

well tonight with my MOT tomorrow the idle went up the creak today (again)

so in a fed up with the car kinda mood i removed and bypassed the cold start which is fine...

however started up and the idle is sticking again so i then removed the IAV again and recleaned and recontred so theres a little gap showing again

fitted again with a little silicone sealant and making sure the rubber o ring is there...

so started up and the idle is everywhere i left it for a bit and it settled but still erratic and a high idle

then i set the idle speed as the side with the 6mm hex all the way to nothing

and its still high... and erratic

so then the stop for the trottle cable loosened that off a little but cannot tighten as its broken as its so weak!

but its still erratic this is getting pointless!

can i remove my tb and tie it to the tow eye and drag it on the floor in disgust (damn i cant as with no tb cant drive!

please help

if anyone has the part number for the IAV ill get one

Is this from cold or when warm mate
Could be a lambda issue unplug it and see if it stops the poor idle
Also maf again unplug see if it settles
If none of these I'd check the dizzy

Not sure. But I know your having a lot of trouble, to the point anything's almost worth trying by the sounds of it.. but have you tried swapping the ecu for a 1.3 one, just in the slight of chance that could be the problem, just thought I'd mention something pal. Hope you find a fix.

warm also i turned the IAV all the way to the passenger side of the car when facing the rear of the car and that has only just got the idle speed down

well with the ECU i first thought that but every poopood the idea so i just left it and they are expensive to get so after being told they rarely go wrong etc

Was thinking that the 1.0 ecu may not be quite so compatable with your 1.3 engine, I know most engine swaps seem to be ok, but hey you never know eh. Could you borrow a non-nats 1.3 ecu even? again I have no idea but if it's one of the stones you've not looked under, it might just be worth trying.

After driving it again tonight its relatively settledish but its more as if the iav is sticking again almost like its back to square one

But it sits at certain speeds well but it cant seem to settle at one!

For instance set the idle at 800ish and then it seems fine drive it and after itll settle somewhere else useually higher

And with the cold start system taken out it should start and go straight to its set idle correct? Well it doesnt and it climbs to about 1300rpm and then falls off about 1 min later but not to its set speed

Hope this helps a bit i could always try a new tb but thats alot of money :-(

After driving it again tonight its relatively settledish but its more as if the iav is sticking again almost like its back to square one

But it sits at certain speeds well but it cant seem to settle at one!

For instance set the idle at 800ish and then it seems fine drive it and after itll settle somewhere else useually higher

And with the cold start system taken out it should start and go straight to its set idle correct? Well it doesnt and it climbs to about 1300rpm and then falls off about 1 min later but not to its set speed

Hope this helps a bit i could always try a new tb but thats alot of money :-(

1403890875556.png

Number 11 will,

Part no. 161880U010

Alright cheers huys i will investigate more later but atm im at work and my car is at mot place so im ready to be ripped off!

I will try suggested thongs after work and go from there cheers guys

I will report back later!

Also zed ur ecu u wont b any good as both ur cars are nats arent they?

Alright cheers huys i will investigate more later but atm im at work and my car is at mot place so im ready to be ripped off!

I'm ok for thongs will, you can keep them :)

poo well it passed MOT happy days!

well i tried them sensors one by one on the way home.... however weith the lambda it felt a little more responsive thats it....

maf it didnt like it at all but didnt change the idle

i even disconnected the IAV and the idle didnt channge

so i may have to look at other options

no i didnt bother to ask them as they charge the earth and its not worth it as they will turn around and say i need a new tb!

and they dont check this stuff as its not part of the MOT

but it seems a bit calmer now so maybe it just wants to settle a bit

Probably the gay plugs you got in it ha ha
Sounds like it's either dodgy tb, dodgy dizzy or a ghost revving it
I doubt the ecu will make difference as it would have always hunted and not just started but if you can get hold of one worth a go just to make sure yours hasn't broke itself
Have you checked the basics mate rotor arm dizzy cap leads PLUGS can all cause weird idle issues

well im going to give it a small service and im going to collect up some bits for it.... ideally i want some kind of uprated leads if anyone knows of any...

and what was the number for them NGK platinums you mentioned?

im going to get all the bits soon

I can't find any for k11s which is odd considering mine came from a k11? But I believe impreza platinums are the same fit but give me a mo to find out

Dont bother with "uprated" HT leads.

OEM is best so if you are gonna replace then get some fresh Nissan ones.

Dont bother with "uprated" HT leads.

OEM is best so if you are gonna replace then get some fresh Nissan ones.

Agreed no point but oem aren't best as uprated ones are better just not worth it on a stock engine, but If there cheaper than stock why not

OEM Nissan leads are better than uprated ones.

Dave Bull runs his 500bhp Almera on OEM leads. He swears by em.

I suppose there only good if you want to add a bit of colour to the bay.

OEM Nissan leads are better than uprated ones.

Dave Bull runs his 500bhp Almera on OEM leads. He swears by em.

I suppose there only good if you want to add a bit of colour to the bay.

I'll ring split fire and tell them they make an inferior product then,
Apart from my sr20det runs a whole hell of alot smoother with them so I know for fact that my car runs alot better with them as do alot of the sxoc who also run these leads

I'll ring split fire and tell them they make an inferior product then,
Apart from my sr20det runs a whole hell of alot smoother with them so I know for fact that my car runs alot better with them as do alot of the sxoc who also run these leads

Yeah. Sure. Ok. Whatever. Cool story.

Im not even gonna bother arguing.

dude stop all the banter and insults your trying to help me! lol

well ill go for the more oem parts i can find but they may not be nissan but must be better than what i have

No use them on anything, the colder rating plugs are for boosted cars but hey ho there cheap and listed for a k11
All the more reason to get it forced inducted mate:D

was on about the throttle body swap,,,,,,,,when you are ready

oh right could be worth a try but at the moment i am going to get the leads and stuff first and try this however i did get a new cheap dizzy cap of ebay for when i put the engine in

swell after coming back from my rather windy holiday i have kinda sussed what my car is playing at! the new ht's and stuff worked wonders and im unsure if they are giving me interfearence or not so maybe get them changed!

however i scraped 308miles out of a brimmed tank! which is kinda pants but it was motorway driving doing about 5000rpm to do 70ish

but, heres the but the idle creeps up when rolling only when rolling, i was fiddling today at raffic lights and as soon as the clutch was down it dropped to 1000rpm as youd expect it to drop.... no matter how slow iot rolled with the clutch in it would stay at 1000rpm then touch the brake to stop and it would drop the rpm to 750rpm almost simultainiously!

so my question is, is there something different on the auto engine? as when its rolling it thinks its in drive then when it stops it realises and drops it again?

swell after coming back from my rather windy holiday i have kinda sussed what my car is playing at! the new ht's and stuff worked wonders and im unsure if they are giving me interfearence or not so maybe get them changed!

however i scraped 308miles out of a brimmed tank! which is kinda pants but it was motorway driving doing about 5000rpm to do 70ish

but, heres the but the idle creeps up when rolling only when rolling, i was fiddling today at raffic lights and as soon as the clutch was down it dropped to 1000rpm as youd expect it to drop.... no matter how slow iot rolled with the clutch in it would stay at 1000rpm then touch the brake to stop and it would drop the rpm to 750rpm almost simultainiously!

so my question is, is there something different on the auto engine? as when its rolling it thinks its in drive then when it stops it realises and drops it again?

lol will, you wont get good fuel milage @ 5k :p

37mpg so a website told me which isnt all too bad!

but whats your thoughts on the idling issue? i think thats the link

but to bring it down i either have to go for bigger wheels again or go for the 1.3box etc which i dont have the money for seeing as the box is like new and the clutch is about 1k old too so ill wait a bit when i start making some powerer

Back