RS5F31V Viscous LSD

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
This is now surplus to my requirements, so it's up for sale, I have tested it with my K11 1.3 driveshafts and the splines fitted so this should fit all 1.3s and post-98 1 litres.

Considering how often you see these and that a new LSD from the UK is ~£600 I am asking for £200 for this.

You will need to put a ring gear on this, however I can supply and fit a 1.3 one if you can wait a week or so.

I'd prefer collection as it's pretty heavy, but am willing to arrange postage/courier.

Craig

Attachments

• RS5F31v.jpg
    RS5F31v.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 783
This is now surplus to my requirements, so it's up for sale, I have tested it with my K11 1.3 driveshafts and the splines fitted so this should fit all 1.3s and post-98 1 litres.

Considering how often you see these and that a new LSD from the UK is ~£600 I am asking for £200 for this.

You will need to put a ring gear on this, however I can supply and fit a 1.3 one if you can wait a week or so.

I'd prefer collection as it's pretty heavy, but am willing to arrange postage/courier.

Craig

can a 1.3 gearbox be bolted to a ga16de???

How and were is this fitted to the gearbox??

I believe the 1.3 gearbox can be mounted to the 1.6.. I think Ollie was going to do it? Speak to him about which box it was he tried.

Yes the CG box does fit on a GA engine, although you do require the 1.6 Clutch and Flywheel and you need to use the GA16 starter motor and cover the hole on the CG box where the starter would go.

Toney, surely if you used it in your GA box (I believe that it *should* fit) then you could just use std driveshafts Micra?

Nex, It is not new, I can smell the gearbox oil on it.

Craig

Craig this wont work in anything but a box designed for it. eg one from a march ST or similar. It will not fit in a CG13 or a GA16 box.

I see no reason why it shouldn't fit - I will get some measurements and test fit it in the broken box that I have then report back.

Craig

I can and they show up clearly in that pic. One bearing is very much larger than the other. The bearings on the K11 box and all other non LSD boxes have the same size bearings on each side of the diff. It also requires a special splined driveshaft end,

Not unless it already has an LSD. As I said the bearings on the V boxes on the Diffs are different.

so to summarise this LSD is completely useless, will only fit in a 1.0 litre box, and you would have to get custom driveshafts made up, and its not really worth having in a 1 litre anyway as there isnt enough power to want to use an lsd???

I am not trying to put off a sale for Craig, BUT it will ONLY fit in a box designed with an LSD already. I.e. an RS5F31V box.

so to summarise this LSD is completely useless, will only fit in a 1.0 litre box, and you would have to get custom driveshafts made up, and its not really worth having in a 1 litre anyway as there isnt enough power to want to use an lsd???

No.

This is for a 1.3

Point taken on board re the bearings, that is a matter that I will have to deal with, I disagree with regards to the shafts, though, as I have fitted shafts to the diff unless you mean the actual END of the shaft - don't suppose that you have a pic. of the splines you're referring to Ed?

Craig

The splines are the same, but I am telling you the lengths are different.

i would be interested but as you can imagine i want to be 100% sure it will work.

if you need different shafts then surely you just need new inner CV joints yea?

The splines are the same, but I am telling you the lengths are different.

:) Well I'm off to do some real-world research tongiht then - results later!

I'm guessing that you don't have on of your ST driveshats sitting on the side ready to be measured?

Craig

i would be interested but as you can imagine i want to be 100% sure it will work.

if you need different shafts then surely you just need new inner CV joints yea?

Don't worry, my business is customer staisfaction ;)

Back