Rough prices on parts ?

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
Be gentle on me.. I am new to this website and only just started getting into Micras.

I am looking for an LX that I would put the following parts from a Super S on.

Complete interior (unless there are sports type front seats such as from a pulsar that will fit without major mods). I would at least need all the other s interior parts if i used non s front seats
Front and rear bars
Genuine Rear spoiler
Tacho
Rims

As far as non s parts go i am looking at ;

all the parts needed to install power steering
the famed japanese 'cup holder' with lid to make a glovebox at the top of the dash.

Can you guys give me an idea on what i would expect to pay if these parts came up/or from the wreckers.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Wreckers tend not to know the difference between an LX and a Super-S, much less how rare parts from the latter are so if you were lucky enough to find one at a wreckers, chances are you could get them cheap-ish compared to buying them from someone on here. People know how uncommon it is to find Super-S parts and a premium is put on them.

I can't see why you'd bother with finding Super-S rims as they're nothing special - they're skinny 13x6 wheels and you're better off finding a nice set of aftermarket ones than search around for Super-S rims and the centrecaps, but that's up to you I suppose :)

There's little-to-no chance of finding bolt-in seats - if you're after buckets you'll probably do best to get a set of rails via Japan and then match them with either side-mount or bottom-mount buckets depending on the rails you buy.

At a rough guess for prices from a wreckers:

Interior: No idea, probably $200-300 if you're getting all seats, parcel shelf, door cards, etc.
Bumpers: ~$70 ea
Spoiler: ~$50
Rims: $30 ea w/ tyre
Tacho dash: ~$60

---dens

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
The on-dash cup holder probably AU$90-100 on here second hand, I paid I think $150 for a brand new one in box, but you'd never find one at the wreckers.

There is a post earlier on here about the front and rear bumpers: https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/74349

Rear spoiler, the JDM one with LED brake light built in, also stock rims: https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/70404

Honestly, its pretty easy to search on this and get an idea of prices people have wanted or paid in the past ;)

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Super s bar - have fun trying to find anyone that wants to give them aways for less then $100ea

Interior - depends on what the Lx is? Is it just a shell? If so about what dens said $2-300

Spoiler - if wanting super s, $50-100

Rims - just get aftermarket

Tachometer - $80-200 depending on what you want to pay

P.Steer - doesn't really need it car is very small, I went from owning power steer to non ps and think if fine, maybe a little harder to do a 3point turn but not really needed

JDM cup holder - wont find any at the wreckers, needs to be imported ~$100

Seats - nothing fits with out modding

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
I did do a bit of searching on this sight but was looking for estimates of most recent/current prices. In terms of rims i have been told that anything over 6 inches will be too wide.

Thanks for the replies so far. They are all useful.

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
you should be able to fit 7" rims in a +35 to +40 offset within the standard guards easily enough.

Have a look at the recently advertised items and snap up the power steering setup if it's still for sale. I think it was $50 and IMO it's a worthwhile conversion.

Back