Sump Leak Rough Prices - Fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Spotted a small oil patch under the car today and had a good look and the rusted sump front is leaking by the looks of it there is oil all under the front but i guess that is where it's been pushed around.
Found a few sumps online from £35-£55 but how much would it cost labour wise? as i'm still a noob would it be wise to tackle it myself?
Also some oil coming out of the seam on the gearbox side?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as always.

SAM_0201.jpg

SAM_0211.jpg

SAM_0210.jpg

SAM_0209.jpg

SAM_0208.jpg

SAM_0207.jpg

SAM_0204.jpg

Ok anyone else wanna shed some light on this? preferably someone who has changed one? :down:

thats how it was when i brought her it doesnt leek so im not in a rush to replace it will be done before take her off the sorn and mot her :p

had the sump of mine twice, once with the help of frank then again by myself, basically just get it up on ramps or whatever then its a few bolts around the edge and then undo and pull down a bit on the support running underneath which connects to the cross member, youll what i mean cause its in the way trying to pull the sump off. then once off make sure you clean the mating surfaces well and youll probably be ok to use the two half moon seals again just make sure you use a good sealant, i got some locktite gasket sealant was about 6 or 7 quid..

Just to let you guys know managed to get hold of a sump today in pretty good nick for a tenner down the scrappy is in pretty good nick so thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back