Rose joints.

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Can anyone find any information with regards to rose joint sizes on the net (i know some of you are google guru's :) )

I need a rose joint with 16mm bore and 16mm thread (which is 3/5" i think), and it needs to be male (i.e. with the thread), having trouble finding them, apparently Demon Tweeks do them but i can't even find them on there!!

People are always making reference to M8, M10, M12, M16 but none of them explain sizes and even then i don't know whether it would refer to the whole unit or the bore/thread size etc etc.

Can anyone provide clues? Cheers guys

Hi little micra man here..!!!! Have you tried e-mailing demon tweeks to find out a bit more info about your rose joints and wether they could post or deliver them for you. I will have a look on google for you to see if i can find anything. take it easy. little micra man. :k12red:

Batch - why do you need rose joints? I really hope that the guy who wants to fit these knows what they are doing. You may find lots of complcations in fitting them as far as insurance etc goes. They also place much more stress on the chassis as they have no give so structural fatigue will have to be considered. In some parts of the world they are illegal for road cars...

not in the UK? the guy doing mine knows what he is doing. Like i say if there are any problems down the line i can revert to the K11 set up. He's only rose jointing the bottom wishbone.

These arms replace the rubber bushes with rose joints, which allow the same required movements, but without the unwanted play and looseness associated with the std bushes

sounds ok to me? will still have bushes surrounding it

http://www.autosport-bearings.co.uk/webshop/home2.jsp

These guys will almost certainly have what you need. Most people building kit cars seem to get theirs from here.

Can I ask why you want rose joints? I've never seen them used on a road car except kit cars, mainly for adjustability. Kit cars also have a chassis designed to hold them, whereas the K10 has a box section, which isn't ideal.

the fella i'm using knows what he's doing, i'm damn sure of that, wouldn't have suggested it if he didn't know the pro's/con's and how to fit them properly

Its not needed really batch. Especially since your still be using standard wish bones. Why waste so much money?

not costing me any more. Wen't to see him this evening and he thinks there might be a better way to do what he wants, might still be using the RJ though.

Standard wishbone but Almera GTi hubs, disks, calipers and pads (different hub setup from the K11 so track rod/tie rod ends are different. Plus he's using Pulsar coilovers for the front, he offered to manufacture the coilovers for the rear too but i thik i'll just get Leda one's as they are dedicated to suspension manufacture and have a race pedigree. :)

Haven't got any choice other than to RJ it or alter the wishbone housing for the bottom ball. plus the advantage would be that it would be adjustable for race days at Trax and Castle C.

Oh and believe me i'm wasting enough money as it is, what's another hundred or so quid!! (although he's not charging me any more for the work)

Believe bottom ball joint is different on the wishbone so it's either adapt the ring to fit my existing ball joint or fabricate a new mounting system. Can't remember the exact problem. will take photo's saturday.

COPIED :
I guess firstly I should expalin exactly what a rose joint is. I had no idea when I first heard about it but a bit or research helped clear things up. I rang a bearing shop and asked for a rose joint and the guy had no idea but he asked his boss who said it is the same a a rod end. So all you have to do is ring up a bearing shop and ask for a rod end. The best way of explaining what it is is by looking at thye pic here, Rose Joint. I purchased mine from SKF Bearings. Ask for the hole diameter as close as your existing bush diameter, the one on the corolla was 12mm. You may find that the race ones only come in imperial so I got 1/2 inch hole. Normally they only come with the same size threaded shaft as the hole in it but I got one that had a 5/8 inch shaft which I would highly recommend. They cost me AUD $132.00 for the pair which is reasonable I think. You will have to head out to your nuts and bolts shop and buy 4 half nuts to fit the threaded end of the rose joint and also some new control arm bolts if you are changing the size of the mounting point like I went from 12mm to 1/2 inch.

Attachments

• rose-joints.JPG
    rose-joints.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 257
  • rosejoint.jpg
    rosejoint.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 272
have reverted back to the rose joint idea, the one's this bloke has had made are fekin huge!!!! Should easily take the weight! :)

will get pics at the weekend

Back