Samco Hoses

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Hey guys, iv been thinking about tarting my engine bay up, and i thought i would start by getting rid of the bright blue hose's that are currently in there!(doesn't really go with the colour of my car lol)

So basicaly i want to replace:
- The big blue one that goes from the the engine to the silver part of the air filter
- The little blue one that comes from the side of the silver part and back to the engine.

Here is a pic of the engine bay at the mo, i was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up as to what size hoses i would need to get, iv found loads of places that sell them (demon tweeks etc.) but i don't know of the sizes....

Photo0641.jpg

thanks guys for your help or opinions what ever you want to give lol

OP
OP
micra_tom

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Yeah i could do that...except its cold and dark outside lol so i was just wondering if anyone had a general knowledge of the sizes, as I don't. I know these inductions kits are quiet popular on here, so I was hoping somebody may have already changed their hoses, thus providing me with a quick and easy answer, heck people may of even found it helpful in the future.

If no one knows then ill go out and measure it tomorrow.

Thanks for your input though dude!

U dont buy silicone hose in the first place to make a engine bay look good, its for performance as silicone can withstand high pressure's!

if you want to tart a engine bay up, re-spray the rocker cover.......paint the engine block and head, and change a few caps to alloy like the rad e.t.c

Robb

Site Supporter
I would:

Forget what your thinking of doing, remove the blue hose altogether, leave the blue 90degree bend alone, put a breather filter on the cover and put a cap of some sort on the induction pipe. Then give the engine bay a jolly good clean, if done properly it will stay looking clean for ages, then start painting things etc. :)