• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Rocky Reborn

I was in my final year at university last year, graduated in July and started working as an engineer in London last summer, so it's been busy for me the past few months!

I've just had the SR dyno'd though (as you probably know, link here: http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=27387) and am slowly getting more time to work on the SR again, so hopefully you'll see some updates in the coming months!

I plan on replacing the Janspeed mild steel manifold this year as the current one keeps causing problems and isnt very well made to be honest.

Link to dyno plot is here:

Ran 86bhp at the hubs, so around 100bhp at the flywheel as a conservative estimate!

More updates soon...

That's pretty much finished now, just not carpetted!!! Subs are in and all working though :)

I think the photos went when the forum went down last year...I'll put them up again soon.

New manifold is currently being made for me, a better version of the 4-2-1 Janspeed with thicker walls and bigger bore :). Got new suspension to go on too but that'll happen in June.

Here are a couple of pictures of the sub install before it was carpetted:

Box in progress:
13082008011.jpg

Box in boot (some would have heard it at JAE 08):
19082008027Medium.jpg

The wheel well contains the 3 amplifiers and all of the other bits and pieces needed for the install. It's all then covered by a false floor. I'll try and get some pictures tomorrow.

Box is now out of the boot as I need the room :)() and I'm going with a single 12" subwoofer from tomorrow. Still a nice 2000wrms though!

Back