Rich Micra Twista's Car

nice,

i like the corner splitters :)

Attachments

• Image072.jpg
    Image072.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 206
Corner splitters look tacky. v. boy racerish...also i feel that red arm rest looks out of place...i do agree the grill mesh looks pretty smart..good job :)

the grill looks like a rover 25... which is good :)

yea the corner splitters could be alitte smaller i supose,

That filter doesnt come with any, so would need to be purchased seperately.

I never had any on my k11, and never had any problems with heat or lack of power.

The whole point of an induction kit is to get more cold air into the engine... Its just gona take loads of hot air into the engine with no cold-air feed!

JayY said:
The whole point of an induction kit is to get more cold air into the engine... Its just gona take loads of hot air into the engine with no cold-air feed!

agreed - i suffered badly at pod on saturday hence im buildin a heatshelid from scratch :D

edit: ooh ive done the old raised bonnet too - made a little but not much difference...

is looking ok, i suppose the front splitter could work..i am not to keen on it though myself.

craigd said:
also i feel that red arm rest looks out of place...i do agree the grill mesh looks pretty smart..good job :)

i agree on both of them things, i think black would have looked much better for the interiour or maybe silver..but as most people have said the mesh looks very tidy.

take it there are no spliters or nothing on the back of it? what else u got planned?

hi guys.

right got a few questions to answer.

there is still the original cold air feed pipe to the air cone if u look.
the splitters are a bit naff but they will do for now, they look more subtle than in the pics anyway.
getting a front ibiza splitter for the rear bumper in time for jae or something a bit different cos they r a bit common now. janspeed backbox waiting to go on.

iv sprayed a lot more of the interior red and the rest is going the same colour as the outside of the car(silver), like the bulk of the dash and other parts of the doors
want it lowering and window tints next
oh its got red neons on 2 (boyracer cough cough) lol

RE: RE: Rich Micra Twista's Car

richmicratwista said:
there is still the original cold air feed pipe to the air cone if u look.

Unfortunetly they dont make a lot of diffrence to an air filter by itself

Ive put a front K12 bib spoiler on my back bumper, looks subtle but theres one bit that looks a bit dodgy

RE: RE: Rich Micra Twista's Car

richmicratwista said:
getting a front ibiza splitter for the rear bumper in time for jae or something a bit different cos they r a bit common now.

Indeed:sleepy:

Also, just want to share this, yesterday i was sitting at some traffic lights and there was a police car to my right and a guy in a Mitsubishio GTO with bright Blue Neons shining from his grill etc and he was sitting behind the copper and the police took no notice, the copper then turned off down another route and the GTO continued and drove off down a bus lanegrrgrr

yes its a twista model.

well like i say im using the original cold air feed pipe and the induction roar i get sounds great.

where would u relocate the cold air feed pipe?

i was thinking of doing it where the grill is meshed but dont wanna spoil the look of it?

what u guys think.

also how much should i pay to have a janspeed exhaust fitted to it. iv already got the backbox so just the cost of labour to change from standard.
also should i tell the insurance bout it???
im thinking yes!!

i thnk you should get an induction kit, not just an air filter. Get some induction piping and move the filter to the right, then remove the standard cold air feed pipe and put in some proper piping that will actually make a difference!

Ive made an induction kit out of induction piping , moved the filter to where my bonnet scoop is (superturbo bonnet) so i get cold air directly from the bonnet to the filter, works great, got a bit more torque.
Btw, i know mine is a K10 and this is a K11 but the same principals apply :p

the mesh was from donny show bout £8 a sheet but u can get the same in halfords but its like £20 a sheet!!

the car is pretty much standard engine wise

its a 1.0ltr 16 v

i would personally get a K&N but if you can just get a cold air feed and leave the filter where it is that would be pretty good, ive seen some ducting stuff for air-contioning at Wickes ,miles cheap than halfords and is much bigger. Tell your insurance bout the janspeed but i doubt it will make a diffrents to your policy

Back