reversing light switch location

Hello everyone,

I am trying to locate the reversing light switch on the gearbox, but i cannot find it. Can somebody please advise me where i should be looking and will it simply unscrew (after draining the oil)

thanks

Hello everyone,

I am trying to locate the reversing light switch on the gearbox, but i cannot find it. Can somebody please advise me where i should be looking and will it simply unscrew (after draining the oil)

thanks

i belive it is on the bottom and it should just unscrew but i might be thinking of the neutral switch

Hello everyone,

thanks

your pre98 1.0 one should be a black fitting (with wires attached) at the bottom of the g/box :)

hi frank,

i did get under the car today but i could not see the switch. does something need to be removed to gain access to it etc?

Attachments

• PICT0353.JPG
    PICT0353.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,345
frank,

yes i did see this switch you have kindly displayed. The reason i couldnt make sense of it is because the switch the shop has provided me with is different. they have given me a male treaded screw in fitting with 2 wires and requires a spanner of size 13/14 to tighten it.

frank,

yes i did see this switch you have kindly displayed. The reason i couldnt make sense of it is because the switch the shop has provided me with is different. they have given me a male treaded screw in fitting with 2 wires and requires a spanner of size 13/14 to tighten it.

that sounds like the ones for the later boxes, thats the same i have on mine. you will have to go back. better to go hunting in a scrappy cos you know what you are looking for. or maybe change the box for a more modern one ;)

hi Nex,

Maybe not a good idea to change the gear box just cos the reverse switch has gone.

lol no, but it might be worth it in the way that you will have a modern gearbox on there so will have less wear on it, and you can do the clutch at the same time and the CV joints, it would basically give the whole transmition a proper full on service that would do it some real good.

Back