reversing light bloody switch

Hello all ,am really enjoying my little micra apart from one problem ,the reverse light has packed up. tried the bulb,ok, looked for the switch as in haynes manual but mine is not the usual apparently.
In the manual it is about three inches long with a plunger in the end and mine seems to be flatand bolted to the rear of the gearbox! any help or even part numbers would be great ,thanks in advance

this is a reverse switch

13543170.jpg

and this is the neutral gear switch under the rear end

59886356.jpg

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-11#post-419711

My reverse switch packed looking ago!! I want to change it but as your is it's like there's a flat cap with a bracket on it and wires coming out and I heard that once you take that off and fit another switch it leaks and if you do take that switch off it breaks off and you will need a bucket cos the gear oil happily pi55es out!! So best either make a switch that you can turn on/off when reversing OR make a small bracket near the gear stick ewith a micro switch to activate the reverse light etcetera,

Sent using NASA Space Technology Communication Systems!

I need help with a 2003 Micra K12 SX, the reverse light switch has packed in according to the garage but the one on mine has three terminals where I can only find related (non genuine) parts with two terminals and dont want to have to go to Nissan for the parts as they are extortionate. Anyone help me please or give me some advice. Thanks

i had the same problem with my 1994 1.0 k11 went to nissan dealer and they wanted £65 for a new one so no way paying that , one on my gearbox is the flat one held in with a clip and bolt ,

cured it by putting a microswitch on the gear leaver and that was 2 years ago and just replace the switch when it breaks brougnt pack of 10 off ebay for £1.95 so good now

malcolm

i had the same problem with my 1994 1.0 k11 went to nissan dealer and they wanted £65 for a new one so no way paying that , one on my gearbox is the flat one held in with a clip and bolt ,

cured it by putting a microswitch on the gear leaver and that was 2 years ago and just replace the switch when it breaks brougnt pack of 10 off ebay for £1.95 so good now

malcolm

Malcolm, how did you mount the microswitch? do you have any pix by any chance, would also gice other micra users an idea if coming to this point who also dont want to be paying stupid prices for a switch for a gearbox etc!

J

helps in the reversing way :),,,,,,,,,,,,see in his pic , where he placed the switch. his reverse is in the other end to uk k11's??

Back