Reversed new battery now my K11 won't start

Old battery died so bought another. Silly me didn't notice what seemed a near identical replacement had terminals opposite. Realised error and refitted it...

Turn the key, petrol pump(?) activates & starter motor turns engine fine but but no firing. Can switch on headlights but panel dead, no warning lights, no clock, no horn, no stereo & no interior light. Unsure about other items.

All fuses in cabin and engine compartment box checked & seem sound.

Any ideas for a fix? Thanks for any help.

PS are K10s & K11s a replacement Morris Minor 1000?

check the fuse in the loom right by the + connector you have probably fried that. it looks like a wire, but its actually a fuse.

When i did this to mine it blew one of the main (somthing like 70A) fuse in the fuse holder in front of the battery. but im not sure that this is your problem as when i didnt mine the car still started but the electrics wouldnt work. as Ed says, check the fusable link wire off the battery aswell.

Thanks for all suggestions. Rechecked under bonnet fuses and found the main 65A battery fuse blown which in my first check looked sound through its little viewing window. Now to find a replacement. In town Nissan dealer wanted £11.80 + VAT for one delivered on Saturday! Mate of mine trying the yards of Bradford for one since there are no scrappies local to me. Next fearful step is to see if any more damage done. Will keep you posted.

did you try and start the car with the battery the wrong way round? if not i would have thought the fuse would be the only broken thing. the ECU wouldn't have had power until you turned the key anyway.

how did you manage to the get battery in? the terminals on the battery are different sizes so they are designed not to fit the wrong way round.

ECU will be fine they have a big reverse polarity diode in them,

Has your problem been resolved? I have just tried to start my car which hasn't been done for months and the car turned over and everything went dead including LCD display. I haven't checked the 65a fuse yet but I'm surprised this has happened.

Also, I have just tried to remove the fuse and the plastic casing has come away and left some metal plates in the fuse block which won't come out even when using pliers.

ohhhhh ive done this on a customers trike lol but it wasnt my fault the customer built a custom trike and didnt lable wires and he told me the wrong way round. i lafffed so hard with the fire works but luckly it was all good lol:eek:

Back