No reverse lights

As above i have no reverse lights,checked fuses there fine
can anyone tell me where the reverse light switch is ? (i cant find it:blush:)

Also can anyone tell me why my car runs lumpy untill i turn on the heater fan :suspect:

car reverse light switch is on the gearbox, should have two wires going into it, replacements can be bought from Nissan. quite easy to swop over but have to admit makes quite a mess and yourll need fresh gear oil.

car reverse light switch is on the gearbox, should have two wires going into it, replacements can be bought from Nissan. quite easy to swop over but have to admit makes quite a mess and yourll need fresh gear oil.

Thanks for that little-Is will have a look 2morrow keeping my fingers cross that its just a lose wire.

Also can anyone tell me why my car runs lumpy untill i turn on the heater fan :suspect:
when you turn on the heater fan because of the draw on the engine it makes the small "rev control box" under the passenger seat automatically up the engine revs about 200 rpm's. The engine fan, rear window heater and headlights should do the same.

if it's not lumpy when the idle is faster you can up your idle revs yourself with a screwdriver you have a manual idle screw on the carb that you can turn.

if it's not lumpy when the idle is faster you can up your idle revs yourself with a screwdriver you have a manual idle screw on the carb that you can turn.[/QUOTE]

Nice one cheers (Y)

:blush: Sorry to jump in but I have a problem with mine too. :(

I've replaced my Gearbox and have found that the wiring in the connector is different to the one it plugs into (I don't have the other Connector)

What to do?

:blush: Sorry to jump in but I have a problem with mine too. :(

I've replaced my Gearbox and have found that the wiring in the connector is different to the one it plugs into (I don't have the other Connector)

What to do?

Just strip the wires back and solder them together. It doenst matter which way round they go as its only a switch.

The switch on mine broke but I didn't bother fixing it . Reverse lights are not required for an MOT, and you do get used to not having them. If you want to, you could wire up a switch to the reverse lights and just flick it when reversing.

The switch on mine broke but I didn't bother fixing it . Reverse lights are not required for an MOT, and you do get used to not having them. If you want to, you could wire up a switch to the reverse lights and just flick it when reversing.

Just as easy to replace the switch in fairness

Just as easy to replace the switch in fairness

Not if you've got to replace gearbox oils etc! We tested my switch and it was fine, even the gearbox recondition company said it was fine, so there was another reason to do with the box or something that stopped mine from working. Fitting a switch was the only solution

dont need reverse lights anyway, mine are red :grinning:

Micra%202

just put hazards on when reversing without lights, works for me most people seem to figure it out,

RTLkyuubi im loving that exhaust, if it is:laugh:(Y)

Just strip the wires back and solder them together. It doenst matter which way round they go as its only a switch.

cheers for that idea, I tried it and it did work for a few minutes (yay) then the lights went out (boo). bulbs ok, fuses ok, still no lights...:doh:

cut the back off again and touch them together (not gearbox side) and if they come on then its the switch inside the gearbox that is at fault.

Back