Rev counters

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Right this isnt a post about how to install a rev counter as i have installed it, however for some reason my rev counter is about 500RPM out for instance, the rev counter will say 4.5k but the engine is actually doing 5k, ive tested this with a scan tool :)

when at idle the rev counter shows just 100rpm which isnt right, im trying to work out weather its a signal issue or just a crap rev counter that came off ebay..

so what rev counters are other people using? links? and also anyone else having this problem?

TBH mate, change the logo on it, and its identical to the one we have. I think i am gonna stick with the TIM one i have seen, i have used the 80mm one in the past on our boat we used have and never had any probs with it.

yeah thats what i was thinking, im not fussed about the smoke glass or what ever, have you noticed that the needle is almost impossible to see during the day? im just looking about at the mo, i like the look of the one your getting just not sure about the max rpm needle aswell, but i do want a black face, white digits and red needle, but it has to be 52mm :) im trying to find one for atround 50 pounds but from a make ive seen, im looking for reviews at the moment too, good to know TIM is a good make though, ive seen a fair few by them :)

I might look at that TIM one they have them on amazon for 35.. only thing is, i dont think its got a back light, everywhere ive seen them, no where says if they have a back light or not.. any idea? i think that will decide it for me :)

Back