Restoring steel rims

Demarest

Ex. Club Member
Over the summer i am doing my micra up, and i need to restore my wheels as they are rusting around the edges and on the surface.

What colour paint (a colour code would be helpfull) do i need for an exact match for the steel rims? (see pic)

Will a top coat be need as well, like a laquer?

Thanks

Attachments

• P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 227
why restor them?

I have seen micras with the wheels painted black and the center caps coloured to match the car and that looks really good :)

i don't think there is a paint code for the wheels but you will have to spray the whole thing anyway so choose a colour you like ;)

yep you will need a laqure to stop it rusting again, and make sure you remove ALL the rust or it will bubble under the paint.

Nice dog :D

NeX said:
why restor them?

I have seen micras with the wheels painted black and the center caps coloured to match the car and that looks really good :)

i don't think there is a paint code for the wheels but you will have to spray the whole thing anyway so choose a colour you like ;)

yep you will need a laqure to stop it rusting again, and make sure you remove ALL the rust or it will bubble under the paint.

Nice dog :D

well i want to restore them just so i can have a really good condition standard car again, i did think about painting them black, but i seen a micra with black painted rims in the asda car park the other day and they didnt look great

Back