Respray?

F

FatGaz

OK.... so my K11 is yellow :blush: and I was thinking of having it resprayed black

:confused: Was wondering how much this could cost? Any ideas?

Prices really vary between north and south, and depending on how much work needs doing such as, bodywork repairs before its carried out. A place down here said they'd charge less if i removed the bodykit, bumpers etc myself, repaired dents and other minor things.

The cost will also vary depending if you want the metal work inside the car / boot / under seats etc and the engine bay!

Black is pretty rare for any k11 to be honest, bar the sr's and the si's in previous years, howevere, I have owned one of each, lol

IMO if you spray just the outside it will look bad as the sills, door jambs, engine bay, under all the carpet and behind the all the trims will be yellow.

it would cost the earth to get the respray done properly including all the above

Why did you buy a yellow car if you want to respray it! It might end up being cheaper to just buy another black k11 if you can find one.

I dont think i've ever seen a yellow k11 tbh so yeah, leave it that colour. Its rare :)

less hassle and cheaper to find a black one,

also,anyone with a black car will tel u ther a real pain to keep clean

sketch said:
Were are you located in the country.
North can charge from £450-£500 standard respray
South can charge £800+ in my past experiance.

Im from the midlands mate - Nottingham

Monkey said:
IMO if you spray just the outside it will look bad as the sills, door jambs, engine bay, under all the carpet and behind the all the trims will be yellow.

it would cost the earth to get the respray done properly including all the above

Yeah - Im worried about it looking naf if it aint done proper. Could live with the engine bay being yellow, but dont like the idea of opening the doors to find yellow inside etc - would look cheap and unfinished

Arnold said:
Why did you buy a yellow car if you want to respray it! It might end up being cheaper to just buy another black k11 if you can find one.

The car was given to me last year (very lucky as I was flat broke) - it was only 5 years old - and had less than 13k on the clock!!! +FSH / all services by Nissan.

So the colour wasnt my choice - and I couldnt get rid of it - its only done 22k now, and where could I get a 6 year old car thats only done 22k? Would be just stupid to get rid.

I dont mind yellow - its dead easy to find, even in the biggest car park! - but the wife hates it - says its gotta go next year. Or a respray.

No - cant get rid - could end up getting something that costs me loads... just coz this one is yellow.

So I think we are looking at a full respray (even though we are still flat broke! LOL)

Arnold said:
I dont think i've ever seen a yellow k11 tbh so yeah, leave it that colour. Its rare :)

Nissan released the Micra 'Inspiration' on a T + V Plate only. One of the colours available was 'Inspiration Yellow'. This is why you dont see many.

Saying that, there are 2 others near me in Notts, and I regularly see one on my way to work! - But I do like it - its not a 'sickly' yellow like some cars!

Plus they are good for security - who would be daft enough to nick a yellow one - too noticable! LOL

:k11yellow :k11yellow :k11yellow :k11yellow :k11yellow :k11yellow :k11yellow :k11yellow :k11yellow :k11yellow

Back