Aprox costs for respray? Lowering?

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Two things I'm interested in doing.

So around how much is a full respray, I'd like to know how much it costs for a complete recolour and for just a touch up respray.

Also how much does it cost to lower a micra? And is it simple enough to do myself or will I have to give it to a mechanic?

Thanks for your help.

lowering is easy mate get your self some springs and a tool kit and a haynes manual its easy should just take you about a hour i could write it out but im tired atm

and for a respray you get what you pay for mate

I know it cost my friend £700 plus cost of paint to get his saxo re-sprayed and that was cheap (he had a 3 colour flip).

I remember reading somewhere that the least you should pay for a decent full body respray is a grand. But as kenny said, you get what you pay for. Although some places might genuinly be doing a good deal.

As for lowering, I figure all you'd need are some decent socket's and spanners that aren't gonna deform, some spring compressers and maybe a few other things. Get a haynes manual and it'll tell you how to do it.

i got quoted £150 for a full respray in a different colour, if i bought the paint and did the prep work myself, which saves loads of time, cos at the end of the day, the largest part of the cost is the guys time, to prepare the old paintwork and the spray etc.

Respray is sounding expensive! I was hoping more around the £400 mark for it. OH well I'll stay white and find a way to get rid of all the bloody stone chips!

So to lower I just need spring or do I need shocks as well?

Springs look around £100 for a set.

These Spring Compressors right: Here

Is there a gude in the members section. I'm looking at it in the haynes manual now and doesn't look too hard.

you will get away with just springs, and ive done 2 or 3 cars now and didnt use a spring compressor either time,

yes i think there is a guide.

If you lower to 35mm, you are ok with standard shocks. More than that and you want uprated shocks really, from what I'm told.

Well I was hoping to go as low as possible and also get some 15" alloys

Can anyone link me to some good springs/shocks?

also regarding lowering if you go more than 35mm drop you will need a panhard rod as the back axel will be out of alignment so using the adjustable whiteline panhard rod will straighten it all back up again

Just got my full membership. anyone link me to the lowering guide? Had a look but got a bit lost.

I'm hoping to maybe lower 35mm then get the largest rims I can 16" from what I've seen.

Because I see this as 35mm is easiest job to do then big rims are cool!

Speaking of them slowing me down, any idea if the speedo will work right with bigger wheels?

I might go for 15"s they just look nice big I think. Also I'm more in it for looks than performance :)

Right, so getting some alloys from Halfords today.

Will be selling my steels with hubcaps so if anyone's interested give me a pm! They have 6 month old tyres on them with tonnes of tread left.

I guess I better start a blog..

Back