Requesting some help...computer problems

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Hi all, I know this isn't micra related but was wondering if any of you fellas knew anything about computers. We bought a 2nd hand one the other day, and when taking off some of the useless programs that we don't use to free up some disk space, the monitor driver has disappeared too, hence leaving us with a blank screen. Question: we have the driver, but how on earth do we reload it since we can't see what's happening? Thanks everyone, I know someone out there will be able to solve this one lol :)

Micragirl

PS It isnt the monitor, it works fine when plugged into this computer as it uses the same driver...

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Oh just to confuse, the monitor I am using now is a flat screen so its completely different to the one we just bought, and the driver for this monitor isnt on the other comp, so I can't use this monitor on the other comp to see what I'm doing :~

CMF_micra-man

» CMF Member
What operating systems is it?

Windows usually installs a low resolution driver to get any video card and monitor combination to work if it does not have the specific drivers.

When you say you have a blank screen is it always blank or do you see something on the screen after you restart the PC and it goes blank when booting into Windows?

Have you tried booting into SAFE mode. This is usually done by pressing the F8 key every second as the PC is booting. You are then presented with a menu that includes an option to boot in safe mode.

As it's second hand, did you get the operating system & software disk(s)with it?

If you want, PM me & I can send you a 1 week FREE trial of a remote support service I offer. You could access the remote support service it on your good PC and ask questions and get help on your troubled PC.

Kind Regards

Back