REQ: Picture of prefacelift' front without bumper / bumper can be fitted ?

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Hi everybody,

does anyone got a clear/detailed picture of a prefacelift with front bumper removed, in order to see bumper fixations on the chassis.

I want to fit a Super S black bumper, I've tried to repair it with expoxy, mastic filler, polyester and fiber glass, but it's still in really poor state, most fixations were broken.

The right side is the worse, the fixation near the right wheel was completely destroyed.
The bottom fixations are all "open" (broken).

What do you think? Is it worth trying to fit it ? Because external side is ok, only the inside is broken, it's annoying since black Super S are hard to find.

Thanks

Seb

Attachments

• DSC05016.jpg
    DSC05016.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC05022.jpg
    DSC05022.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC05025.jpg
    DSC05025.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC05026.jpg
    DSC05026.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC05027.jpg
    DSC05027.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC05028.jpg
    DSC05028.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 239
the pods are slightly different on the super s bumper seb :eek: (lower one) and i would,nt worry about any fixings at the bottom (but the pod fitting and wing fitting need to be secure tho eh)
attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC11255.JPG
    SDC11255.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 520
Hmm, as always thanks for the answer and the picture Frank !
So I will need to buy special Super S pods that I will have to fit instead of the regular ones... Lets go ebay (or if someone reading this got some to sell, Pm please !)
Cheers

Seb

So it will fit anyway with regular pods ? The only problem will be that I will not have access to the driving lights ? (Sorry for my rusty english Frank, not sure I have understood what you said )

So it will fit anyway with regular pods ? The only problem will be that I will not have access to the driving lights ? (Sorry for my rusty english Frank, not sure I have understood what you said )

yes mate, the cutouts are there for clearance around the lights i believe :grinning: (i would make some cuts and then bash it in)

Great :D Will do it this saturday with some friends help ! (if it's hang on without breaking)
Cheers !
Seb

So it was the big day, and to quickly sum up : TOTAL FAIL. This is my first fail since I'm on the K11, pretty disapointed.
Removal of the bumper went rather good, excepted 2 or 3 rusted bolt hard to access (one under the right headlight). Then just after, it started to rain heavily, I had to hide the Micra in the garage instead of Dad's Corolla.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I tried to fit the Super S bumper and, suprise, the mounts are not compatible, as Frank told, but mine are even different from the blue on the picture, they seem taller, and measure 8 cm, whereas the gap on the bumper is 7.

Second problem was that the front tow being above the hole made for it on the bumper.

I already read on french auctions for some front bumpers "compatible for Micra 93 - 98 except Lagoon editions" which is my model. So I had to re fit old plastic bumper, in the dark and under the rain.

Wasted energy, wasted free day.

The only "good" thing is that I found a badly tighten hose, that I refitted correctly.

I guess I have to find SR/Super S front bumper mounts ... If anyone got some, PM please !

Cheers

Seb

the pods are slightly different on the super s bumper seb :eek: (lower one) and i would,nt worry about any fixings at the bottom (but the pod fitting and wing fitting need to be secure tho eh)
attachment.php

Is that my March? :laugh:

So it was the big day, and to quickly sum up : TOTAL FAIL. This is my first fail since I'm on the K11, pretty disapointed.
Removal of the bumper went rather good, excepted 2 or 3 rusted bolt hard to access (one under the right headlight). Then just after, it started to rain heavily, I had to hide the Micra in the garage instead of Dad's Corolla.

I tried to fit the Super S bumper and, suprise, the mounts are not compatible, as Frank told, but mine are even different from the blue on the picture, they seem taller, and measure 8 cm, whereas the gap on the bumper is 7.

Second problem was that the front tow being above the hole made for it on the bumper.

I already read on french auctions for some front bumpers "compatible for Micra 93 - 98 except Lagoon editions" which is my model. So I had to re fit old plastic bumper, in the dark and under the rain.

Wasted energy, wasted free day.

The only "good" thing is that I found a badly tighten hose, that I refitted correctly.

I guess I have to find SR/Super S front bumper mounts ... If anyone got some, PM please !

Cheers

Seb

I know that there are some differences, but i think that the SuperS bumper that i bought some days ago has the normal pods, but i will confirm this.

BTW, why the Lagoon is different from the other versions?

yeh-man :grinning: and the super s towhook is lower eh seb (i bent manny,s down with a crowbar no probs)

I thought so... :laugh:

Ah, now i see why the normal bumper didnt fit on my SR when i repaired the front crash... I need to put it back when i install the "new" SuperS bumper... (Y)

Bag:
i think that the SuperS bumper that i bought some days ago has the normal pods, but i will confirm this.
Would be interesting to know, thanks mate !

Frank: I will bend it down, good to know that the towhook is really higher on mine.

I dont give up, I will try to find correct mounts; I will ask a Nissan dealer if those are still available, but I will attempt a new fit only after the winter.

Bag:
Would be interesting to know, thanks mate !

Frank: I will bend it down, good to know that the towhook is really higher on mine.

I dont give up, I will try to find correct mounts; I will ask a Nissan dealer if those are still available, but I will attempt a new fit only after the winter.

The SuperS pods are fairly expensive than the normal ones...

This weekend i will check the pods that it has and will update the topic.

And you can always fit another tow hook?

I may Have find super s mounts during the night, got to call The seller today, i will ask for The tow aswell.

Didn't had time to call today ... But I've found this:
9558482262.jpg

9599189203.jpg

Plastic bumpers Super S with driving lights?? fwn

yes the super s in a birmingham breakers yard had one of those front bumpers on seb (was painted red, but badly flaking)
and i thought the only copy/spurious bumpers availliable were basemodel ones fwn

The interior also confirm Super S version: http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15648&d=1274810622
Strange thing on the bumper (other that it doesn't have paint) is that he also do have that part above the plate who should normally be black and not color coded. Like on the SLX: http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15656&d=1274810636 whereas those are impossible to fit driving lights.

That thing is also on the rear bumper, and shoudn't (maybe he fitted new cheap rear bumper).

Super S (Stars Cup in France) should be full color coded:
9393671955.jpg
without that "black bar" patern.

Weird :s

Bag: When you'll check the pods for Super S bumper installation could you please tell me the size on those, 7 or 8cm :

the factory sr ones have a shiny finish tho surely ? these (and the one i saw) look lightly textured

Yes, my SR damaged bumper had paint, not just nude plastic...

The interior also confirm Super S version: http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15648&d=1274810622
Strange thing on the bumper (other that it doesn't have paint) is that he also do have that part above the plate who should normally be black and not color coded. Like on the SLX: http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15656&d=1274810636 whereas those are impossible to fit driving lights.

That thing is also on the rear bumper, and shoudn't (maybe he fitted new cheap rear bumper).

Super S (Stars Cup in France) should be full color coded:
9393671955.jpg
without that "black bar" patern.

Weird :s

Bag: When you'll check the pods for Super S bumper installation could you please tell me the size on those, 7 or 8cm :

The SuperS rear bumpers dont have that thing you say on an "oval" shape from one side to the other, just have a gash from one side to the other. But i will get some pics tomorrow, and check the size of the pods.

Yes, my SR damaged bumper had paint, not just nude plastic...

what i mean is that a new sr bumper from the dealers will have an unpainted shiny finish, but the bumper i saw had a slightly textured finish (less textured than the factory basemodel black bumpers)

what i mean is that a new sr bumper from the dealers will have an unpainted shiny finish, but the bumper i saw had a slightly textured finish (less textured than the factory basemodel black bumpers)

Maybe the new bumper from the dealers had plastic primer? When i repaired the SR for the first time, i installed the bumpers just on plastic, then i changed my mind and decided to paint them, and had to paint them with plastic primer first, after the primer they had a shiny finish, due to the primer acting like an adhesive.

I dont know if there are new SuperS bumpers for sale outside Nissan, but there are lots of new normal ones for sale on parts shops (either with and without primer).

Report of the morning:
Went directly to the garage where I knew there was a Super S for scrape few months ago, but, no luck, owner has changed since the last time I went, and car was sold on auctions ! Too bad, so GUTTED.

Then I headed to a Nissan dealer, but the guy selling parts doesn't work the saturday, got to come back a day of the week after the work. There was only the cars' seller, I talked with him a little about K13, he said a lot of people had seen the TV commercial, and were asking for it, but he hasn't been delivered yet, showing me a "old" K12 he surely desperate to sold :D
He told me that parts for K11 are still available, but are VERY expensive, a Super S bumper not painted is between 200 et 300euros without installation.

To be continued .

My SuperS bumper had SuperS pods, and are the only ones that fit:

IMG_0006-23.jpg

Here the difference between the K11 and HK11 bumpers (size for the licence plate):

IMG_0005-29.jpg

Back