Replacing aerial base and license plate light module, trunk not opening

Hello. Lots of minor problems stacking up with my beloved Micra. At this point its starting to bother that there are so many things not working. Would like to repair myself to save money and gain knowledge.

Does anyone know if it is possible to replace radio antenna aerial base without removing roof lining? Exact model is 2007 Nissan 4D MICRA HATCHBACK 1.2-FBAK12/243, K12. Radio code request also posted to official radio code thread.

Second question, license plate light module has corroded due to constant moisture buildup, have you guys applied silicone sealant to the edges of the transparent plastic part on top of license plate light? Does it hold? Have you applied non-factory lights, such as LED strips?

Third: trunk used to open itself continuously during driving. Lock would open itself nonstop like 30 times per minute, and then sometimes it would work normally. Sometimes it wouldnt open at all. Now its completely dead, has not opened for a year. Can be opened with screwdriver if getting inside the trunk and manually triggering the lock mechanism. Would this be a issue with damaged wiring on top corners when trunk is opened? There are some wires inside rubber protective casing. Rear wiper blades also trigger randomly when using front/main wipers. Could be a fault in same wiring..?

Also need to replace washer jet tubing as it is damaged, getting really poor pressure from jets. Probably not blockage since I have poked the jets with a needle. Has anyone done this, any tips?

Thanks.

RADIO ANTENNA/ROOF LINER: Replacing K12 roof aerial

RADIO: You need to remove the radio from the dash, in order to get the serial number for code.

LICENSE PLATE LIGHT: I have led-bulb on mine.

TRUNK: Inside that rubber elbow you have several wires cut by opening/closing the trunk for years and rear wiper blade wires run in same elbow, also causing random trigger. By changing wires these both can be repaired.

Last edited:
RADIO ANTENNA/ROOF LINER: Replacing K12 roof aerial

RADIO: You need to remove the radio from the dash, in order to get the serial number for code.

LICENSE PLATE LIGHT: I have led-bulb on mine.

TRUNK: Inside that rubber elbow you have several wires cut by opening/closing the trunk for years and rear wiper blade wires run in same elbow, also causing random trigger. By changing wires these both can be repaired.
Thank you! Happy to hear that you think that wiring is the reason for trunk & rear wiper issue. Seems logical. First I thought it would be issue in trunk microswitch or lock mechanism itself, but then on the other hand there are also other electrical issues (rear wipers), so this seems like the case.

Regarding aerial base, I removed roof light but could not directly see the nut, I think its located closer to windshield. Taking a closer look soon.

One more doubt entered my mind: regarding AC. Compressor triggers really often, more often than I think it should. There is also this weird, like chirping sound clearly audible to the cabin. I suspect there could be a leak somewhere. Is this typical issue with these Micras? Is the sound normal, due to just being a cheaper car, or..?

Expensive repairing kit trunk, (= boot for UK folks, before some mentions this small deteil once again! ;)), elbow cables...
My Camaro and Micra have hood in front and trunk in rear! :giggle:
I went to nearest electronic components and bought few colors of 20cm lenght silicone cables pieces.
Cost with those small crimp/heat shrink connectors ~7€.

METZGER 2320048 Kabelreparatursatz, Heckklappe für NISSAN Micra III Hatchback (K12) 24,36€

thumb

12:15 061122 29

Back