replacement injectors not working

CMF_murtle

» CMF Member
Hi, I have a 1996 Nissan K11 with the CG10 engine. I had some hot start issues with it flooding, and when I pulled the fuel rail off and turned the ignition on, one of the injectors were dripping.
I got another complete rail and injectors from the wreckers from a known good engine, and swapped it over, however I found the car wouldn't go. I swapped my injectors into the new rail and found the car runs again. I've tried exchanging the other injectors singularly, but have found that the engine just won't run on that cylinder that the other injector is put in.
The injectors look identical, but original # T146Y14 A46H02
replacement injectors #T155Y275 A46H02
What do these numbers mean ( the first numbers are hard to read, so maybe not quite right, but the bottom number A46H02 is both the same.
Any help would be appreciated. Even just a brief how the injectors electrically work and how to test the electric side would be good.
Cheers

Edit - have looked at original injector and it has a 4 stamped in it. The replacement has a 5 stamped in it. (last number in each of the first numbers -it is stamped a little deeper)
I've checked the coil resistance and the original and replacement coil is 11 ohms. It has me stumped why the replacements won't work, especially when you read other posts about swapping injectors for different ones.

CMF_murtle

» CMF Member
update -all sorted now. What are the odds? 2 sets of injectors that had stuck needles/valves.
Compressed air in the nozzle end and tapping until they started to hiss fixed it.

Back