correct injector replacements

CMF_niilo

» CMF Member
Hi.

Having one of CG13DE injectors broken.
Checked that using resistance meter.
Correct ones give 11 OHMS as the broken one give nothing,
which means the coil has cut down.
Injectors were stamped as "A46-H02 (4)".

The question is :

What means the additional number "4" on there.

Can get full set ( 4 pcs) with rail on competitive price, but they are stamped as "A46-H02 (5)".

Are those compatible ?

Thanks in advance

-niilo-

CMF_niilo

» CMF Member
Ok.
Try to order them today and change them all.
You might be true, they are same.
Still thinkin about that additional number, which seen to be stamped later compared to other numbers.

My assumption is, it's the production/test-set which been marked to track the units in the case, some failure occurs.

But we see. Thanks for the answer.

-niilo-

CMF_baguete

» CMF Member
Dont mix the (4) with the (5), from my experience the (5) sprays less fuel. The (4) are for 92-98 pre-facelifts and (5) are for facelifts. And maybe because of that the ECU K value is higher on the facelifts.

CMF_niilo

» CMF Member
Ok thanks "baguette" for this clarification. Had thought what's that additional number.

No received full set of #5 with the connecting pipe-rail and changed them.

Micra is working perfect now. Don't think it's too lazy if those "5" give less fuel. You might be right, mixing those different "numbers" is not a good idea.

CMF_murtle

» CMF Member
Not sure if you are still around. I've posted a new topic and noticed this one. I've a 1996 with CG10 engine, and just tried to swap injectors with identical looking ones with the number A46-H02. My existing ones had a deeper 4 stamped at the end of the top number. The replacement ones have number 5 instead, so it sounds like what you have done. Only problem is I cannot get it to run with these injectors. I've put the old ones back in for now, but I'm confused why the others won't work. I've even tried swapping one at a time with my existing injectors and find that each time the engine drops that cylinder. I've now found another set with a 4 on it like my old ones (but the top part number isn't identical-still A46-H02 though) and find my engine don't like these either.
I'm not going to quit my day job. I was looking forward to my first play with injectors, but are starting to get over it now. Just keen to understand what I'm missing.

Baguete - I notice that you mention that the later facelift K11 may have different ECU K values. Can this be confirmed? I have tested the coils and all injectors that I've got are 11.3 ohms across the coil - So this won't be the issue will it?

CMF_murtle

» CMF Member
update - looks like I've had 2 sets of injectors with stuck needles/valves.
Compressed air in the nozzle end and tapping until they opened fixed the problem.

CMF_niilo

» CMF Member
Back in business since long time reading this. Fine you found solution. Since lot of job done with 1.3L engine, my daughter crashed that car. Now fixing CGA3DE K11-20000 Micra,which has no injector problems yet.

Back