Radiator Replacement Micra Tempest 02.

Hi guys,
I've recently noticed that the bottom of my radiator has sprung a slow dripping leak, meaning I have to replace the coolant once every 2 days or so.

Money is a bit tight at the moment, and so I've tried replacing the radiator myself with the help of a friend. We got under the car and when we tried to unscrew one of the bottom bolts near the radiator it sheared! Since then I've read a guide on this forum from Frank saying you can just take the slambar and brace off and pull it out from the top. I was wondering if there are any bolts at all holding the radiator in place from the bottom, as I'd rather know whether the bolt we sheared is going to make a difference if we tackle it franks way.

Local garage estimated me £300 to change the radiator, which sounds like they're having a laugh.

Hi guys,
I've recently noticed that the bottom of my radiator has sprung a slow dripping leak, meaning I have to replace the coolant once every 2 days or so.

Money is a bit tight at the moment, and so I've tried replacing the radiator myself with the help of a friend. We got under the car and when we tried to unscrew one of the bottom bolts near the radiator it sheared! Since then I've read a guide on this forum from Frank saying you can just take the slambar and brace off and pull it out from the top. I was wondering if there are any bolts at all holding the radiator in place from the bottom, as I'd rather know whether the bolt we sheared is going to make a difference if we tackle it franks way.

Local garage estimated me £300 to change the radiator, which sounds like they're having a laugh.
yes it simply lifts out of the bottom rubbers mate :)

Excellent! The man himself!
I tackled it today, bought the part from a well known online retailer (cp4l) for £50, and 30 mins later my Tempest is leak free. Thanks for the guide you posted first of all, and thanks also for answering my earlier question!

Back