Repaint rear indicator lens

Hi Peeps
My MOT looms next month and my rear indicators need to be oranged up! I've managed to get some acrylic paint designed for the job online. It's just a case of undoing the light housing. Am I right in thinking I need a socket set to do this? And then just pull the front off the housing. Is there a lens inside I need to repaint?

Hi Peeps
My MOT looms next month and my rear indicators need to be oranged up! I've managed to get some acrylic paint designed for the job online. It's just a case of undoing the light housing. Am I right in thinking I need a socket set to do this? And then just pull the front off the housing. Is there a lens inside I need to repaint?

You need 10mm socket to remove 2 bolts. Just pull the front off the housing, it might be tight. Rear lights are one piece unit, you can't paint nothing inside of them.
Have you changed the bulbs? Orange coating on them will fade with time and usage of them. By changing the bulbs most likely you don't have to do anything else.

How about same method that I used:
"First action of customizing my vehicle was tape over with amber/orange window adhesive (5.00€) those ugly clear turn signals. Same adhesive that is used on windows of stores and shops. After 5 years outside through summers and winters, no fading or peeling on them."

14770372.jpg

14770373.jpg

Last edited:
Hi.
Not yet. MOT on 16th Dec and given the prev replies thought it easiest to buy a new bulb and if the current one is a prob get it replaced

Back