removing roof carpet?

first I want to tell to excuse my bad english...because I'm from Croatia (blabla) so I dont know if this would be a correct question... :p I need to remove carpet (is this the right word?) from roof of my micra K10.... so if U know what is the easiest and quickest way to remove it....in the way that remains in one piece :p so that I can put it back as it was before....I know i must remove handles from the pasenger side, and the light in middle of the roof....but what is next?? I' ve looked on the forum, but didn't find anything... :( and BTW i dont have sunroof or anything...tnx for help (Y)

Remove the Interior light fitting and the rear view mirror.

Remove Roof handles and Sunshades.

Pull down and remove the Black plastic strip which goes on around the entry point on both sides of the cabin.

Do the same with the side windows and also the Seal that goes around the Boot area.

Remove the Windscreen OR to make the job slightly easier, push out the Windscreen at the top and edge where Liner is Glued .

The Roof liner is Glued all the way around, be very careful when removing Liner.

Good luck :)

ufff tnx man :) I already see that this will not be easy :p ..... but removing windscreen?? hm....I believe that carpet will be staying hanging there on windscreen...because...i need to just remove it so i can see the roof...I don't need to get it out of car....reason of doing this is ....hm....how U call it...sound deadening....because this micra is going to compete in dB drag :wasntme: but I would like that I can do this, so after that U can not see that anything is being removed....so any more advice is welcome :)

quick report....i have done like micra110 was saying.....there was some problems because the carpet is glued on the edges which goes under the rubber seals ( side windows and seal of the boot) ....but little more time and careful work...and it was just fine....I didnt remove windscreen because i have just need access to roof..and it was ok....i will put some pics later here and in the sound deanding section...

Back