Removing carpet + trims

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Hi
I'm planning to start installing me amp and speakers in the k10 ss tomorrow, i'm planning to make a subtle as in you can't see it, only hear it installation.

So i'm taking out the interior while i run the wires, does anyone know how difficult it is to take out the carpet and have a recommended method?
I'm guessing seats out, door seals pulled off etc, will i have to remove the dash?
(I doubt it but you never know!)

dead easy :) once the seats are removed (front and back) youve just gotta remove the centre console bits (gear lever surround etc)...then check for clips in the footwell (incase theres some, cant remember if they are in the k10 or if its just velcro squares)...remove things like door opening trims etc and pull out the carpet.

Basically if it looks like / or does stop the carpet moving it'll need removing. :)

Dash can stay put. ;)

I actually did this to both my k10 and k11...and gave the carpet a proper scrub down they ended up two / three shades brighter when i was finished lol...and i found a few quid aswell.. :D

thats the same as what i did, and there is clips under the dash holding the carpet, but the come off easy.

i found about £20 under my seats when i took them out lol

lol shame as when i stripped my k11 out i found a wet wet wet tape behined my dash and some macdonalds manoply cards from when swiper ownd it. oh and a pay and display ticket :p i was quite suprised actually that i didnt find any money!

Lol nice, i won't be washing the carpet as the interiors mint, and i plan to keep it that way! :)

Roll on boot false floor! :)

(Would it be legal to go for a drive with just the drivers seat bolted in and all other seats + trims removed lol?)

so long as the drivers seat has a functioning seatbelt you should be fine...

the only thing they may not like is if you leave the other seat belts in place, as you'd technically be able to buckle people in without seats which they wouldnt want. Removing / hiding these will help, but i guess you'd be unlucky if they punished you for it or even got stopped in the first place.

Bleh, didn't get as much done today as i'd hoped... Took 6 bloody hours to remove the seats, seat belt mounts, centre console, alarm (mounted under passenger seat). Then run the wires, and finally put it all back in.
(one 1/2 hour break...)

Guess it'd be quicker if i did it again i hope lol!

Yeah i did that on the K11 but i had to have the visible in some parts, looking back i could have just done that with the K10 but its all learning i guess. (At least i found out where fordy put the alarm lol).

I wanted to put the amp under the passenger seat but its to big, now i don't know whether to install it to the back of the back seats or to make a false floot, but then you have trouble with spare access grrr!

Also just realised i ran the speaker wires down the same side as the power lets hope they don't interfere to much...

Back