Removing body strips from k11 lx

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Having seen climberjoel's lx with the body strips removed, I want to do the same.
For those that have done it before, how did you remove the leftover double sided tape and other residue?

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Heat and patience is what i found to work the best.
Use A heat gun to heat up the tape a bit lift the strip and slowly pull it off. If there is any residue use wax and grease remover on it.

CMF_bongo bus

» CMF Member
Go to the hardware store and Purchase a rubber wheel for your drill, then hook ur drill up to power and the rubber wheel to the drill and go nuts.
MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS DRY. DONT PUT ANY LIQUIDS OR CHEMICALS ON THE TAPE RESIDUE, AS THE BEST RESULTS WILL HAPPEN DRY.

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
bongo bus WROTE:

"Go to the hardware store and Purchase a rubber wheel for your drill, then hook ur drill up to power and the rubber wheel to the drill and go nuts.<BR>MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS DRY. DONT PUT ANY LIQUIDS OR CHEMICALS ON THE TAPE RESIDUE, AS THE BEST RESULTS WILL HAPPEN DRY.

if u go this way and ur car has been touched up or repainted in acrylic laquer the paint will melt

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
if u do wanna use wheel check paint first, general purpose thinners on a rag in an unseen spot will soften paint n show up on rag, 2pak paint wont soften with GP thinners but will take off ur polish, when painting they r the go, but for ur job i recommend just the w/g remover

edit..."prick ova job, good luck"

Attachments

• 64806.jpg
    64806.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 29
Back