Bump Strip Removal

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

To those who have done it/know how to; how do we remove the bump strips from the Micra (Super S). I've got the caramel wheel and solvents already, but how have you removed the actual strip without damaging the paint?

Want to give it a crack tomorrow so if you have an idea or have done it before please let me know.

Thanks guys,

Sean

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
im still battling to remove mine... ive got the plastic bit off.. (just ripped it) and im still to get a caramel wheel for the tape... its a real **** of a job tho.... wish i had of just left them on...

where bouts did you get the caramel wheel from?

i pulled mine of, i used the caramel wheel on a part of it.. but for the other parts.. towel in one hand, heatgun in the other.. heat it up slightly, and just roll of the tape with your finger (with the towel in between your finger and the car so you don't burn yourself)

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
I'll give it a go tomorrow Turbo, I've got the gun and caramel wheel too..

One side doesn't have any residue left on it, the other side has it all left of..

Doh!

Sean

CMF_Turtle

» CMF Member
Im the same as life coach. cleaned one side and realised how crappy of a job it was and left the other side for later. 3 months on the glue is still there. if i take photos its always from the side that i cleaned off.

CMF_secret squirrel

» CMF Member
This is an easy fix. Use a tar and glue remover and your fingernail! Just make sure you wash off the left over and really let it settle into the glue for a minute or so before trying to get it off

Hope that will help someone in the future.

Back