remapped ecu

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
had my ecu refined by Ed and would like to say what a great job he has done and sorted a few little things for me aswell...its running sweet(Y)

but at 1 point at about 80mph i thought i had blew my autobox as i changed from 2nd to 3rd manually i don't know what quite happened but it locked up and left a big number 11 for about 15 meters and a crap load of smoke off the tyres me and ed had a good laugh at that. ed said he had allways woundered how strong the autobox was ha ha.

there was 1 thing i wanted to ask ed p.m sent mate.

Great to hear on the feedback. Quite a strange experience being in an auto ST. It was also interesting to see the improvements that were possible with the FMIC definitely a very worth while mod to make.

Great to hear on the feedback. Quite a strange experience being in an auto ST. It was also interesting to see the improvements that were possible with the FMIC definitely a very worth while mod to make.

Ed may I ask what changes were made to John's ecu , I have been chatting to him about it I know the rev limit was raised to 8k rpm .

7K rev limit not 8. And then the usual remap of the ECU, fuel + ignition etc.

7K rev limit not 8. And then the usual remap of the ECU, fuel + ignition etc.

oh right must have got confused:suspect:

cool ,john was saying the fmic allowed you to run alot more ignition. Id say it pulls a lot harder like mine did when you mapped mine

The auto box never really lets the engine get to where its real power is. So its impossible to make comparisons to be honest, it did feel much better after it was done however.

cheers lads im happy with it. and ed i have actually managed to turn the boost back up again to around 1.1 bar on turbo have not tried the sc yet but really happy.

nice one, if that falls through it might be worth looking at k11 g'boxes, you will loose the LSD but at least it will be a manual.

if you do get a manual will the auto be up for sale?

Hey Ed did you remap using the plugin chip you developed with the Aussies?

Yes - BUT many of the features do NOT work yet, and as I took my ST of the road that halted development. So its not really suitable for public release yet, even though it is available.

Just to add the K11 box in particular the one from the CGA3DE is much stronger than the ST box, and there were very limited numbers of viscus LSDs made for them.

Ed

Yes - BUT many of the features do NOT work yet, and as I took my ST of the road that halted development. So its not really suitable for public release yet, even though it is available.

Just to add the K11 box in particular the one from the CGA3DE is much stronger than the ST box, and there were very limited numbers of viscus LSDs made for them.

Ed

Did'nt know that

nice one, if that falls through it might be worth looking at k11 g'boxes, you will loose the LSD but at least it will be a manual.

if you do get a manual will the auto be up for sale?

So then you need k11 hubs as the shafts are different???

if it leans out the top end and can add a bit of timing thats pretty decent features in my book :D

those guys were interested in having us show one off... still in two minds weather its the way to go, and ive got other issues to sort out first

Will the future developments of this include a feature like the japanese roms where you can utilise the s/c as an anti-lag system?

the S/C IS an antilag system

try driving it with the supercharger off you'll see what i mean :D

Haha, I meant in terms of gear changes. It's only a crude design but in theory should work fine. Clutch goes in, s/c activates for 3 secs meaning no boost pressure is lost (or rather, maintains whatever boost the s/c is running) and removes the need to double clutch.

The Nismo rom holds the SC on for 3 sec approx after it was last needed. Its not really anti lag it just means it responds quicker.

Did'nt know that

So then you need k11 hubs as the shafts are different???

i dont know mate, but if they were its not the end of the world to have to fit k11 hubs, i have them on my k10, and you can still keep your gtir brakes etc,

so if you did you would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone, you could fit the k11 shafts/box and also you would be fitting newer and easier to source k11 wheel bearings

just an option i suppose, especially if you could get one of the boxes ed spoke about with the lsd.

I'd love to see back to back dyno plots on the same day - I assume it is pretty simple to swap the ecu over.

My guess is there is 10-20% extra power waiting from a good tune - mine runs 10.5:1 on boost which is the typical nissan-super-safe-but-very-low-power result

I have both the March R and the March ST ECU. There is little real life difference, ons just controls the supercharger more aggressively, which for road use would be annoying.

Duncan they don't run that rich as standard at standard boost etc.. Not the ones I have had on the dyno anyway.

yep that makes sense, mine is running a little more boost though 15psi...damn rich.

I'll organise for a custom remapped ecu early in the new year, its quite a common change over here on other nissan ecus of the period - here's hoping they can crack this one too :D

Its already been done. I was one of the ones who helped developed it. Its functional enough for basic remaps but needs further work for more advanced stuff.

really sorry for jacking this thread and another question which may have already been answered, if i convert to manual, would you suggest another remap?

cheers

Steve

Back