ECU Question.

Titch

Micra K11ng
Right - this caused a bit of a fuss last time, so lets not go down that road againg please.

Was speaking to Ed about this last night, but forgot to ask him about this.

Now i've got the 1.3 in, currently i'm still using the CG10 ECU. So have spoken to Chie, and he is sending his old one up to me. (Cheers mate:))

Now, heres the fun part. Will the mileage all go out now? It's the K11 2000 i've got and it has the digital dash. Now i've got a funny feeling that it may go, cause as far as i know, the mileage will probally be stored in the ECU.

Thanks.
Titch

the milage should not appear anymore if its from a pre 98 facelift k11. more importantly its likely your nats system wont let other ecu work in your car even if its a non nats ecu. fortunately you dont need the 1.3 ecu anyway.
but you will find out soon anyway if your going to try chies so theres not much point in discussing it now.

Why wouldn't i need the 1.3 ecu? Surely since its changed it will?

How will it know nats is there tho? Isn't it held in the ECU? So if the ecu i get from chie dosen't have it (which i don't think it does), then surely it shouldn't matter?

How will i know if it wont work? Will it just not run?

yes you will know straight away the engine wont start. i'm not 100% but i dont think it will work but will find out for sure soon from you. you could be right there.
you dont need the 1.3 ecu as the engine runs fine enough with 1.0 ecu. just like the 1.3 will run with the 1.6 ecu. i have the 1.0 ecu with my 1.3 for the last few years.

right - so if i try the 1.3 ecu, and it don't work. Can i just put the 1ltr one back on and it will work okay again?

o well - at least it wouldn't be lost.
At the moment, the ecu is making a very strange noise. As if its cracking and sparking. Any ideas on that mate?

if it does work then it probably makes sence to use it. as there maybe some differences in code that suit the 1.3 engine more than the 1.0 map. i think it sounded ever so slightly different when running when i tried a 1.3 ecu in my car. but best of all was the march 1.0 ecu i once had. gave me extra power aswell as taking out all my flat spots. i miss it.

dont know about that noise you mention...
is it plugged in properly if you have taken it out to look at it? you sure its the ecu?

Titch said:
o well - at least it wouldn't be lost.
At the moment, the ecu is making a very strange noise. As if its cracking and sparking. Any ideas on that mate?

It sounds like it might be on fire. They aren't meant to be on fire though, so I'd check the connectors and make sure the PCB isn't touching the casing or anything.

It might be on fire?!

Well there is no heat coming from it at all, well, not that i can feel anyway. Will check it out once all the exhaust has been sealed etc.

Yea - i will eventually going the 1.6 route mate, but just not yet as can't afford it.

But the noise the 1ltr one is making is worrying me...

Back