Red Hot!!!

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
Well it took me most of the day and my fingers look like iv been attacked by a pitbull! But i think it looks the dogs danglies!

28-front_calliper.jpg

12-brakes.jpg

11-springNdrum.jpg

18-front_wheel.jpg

I know my wheels are mingin but that will all change soon :p Watch this space

Daz :alien:

only one question.

WHY? oh WHY? have you painted th brake disc centre.
SERIOUSLY recomend that NOBODY does this.
ne of that goes on the friction section and you could loose your brakes seriously please dont do that. i have seen it done before. and to VERY nasty consequences.

i know it looks like you havent daz but. seriously there was no point in the first place

Thats why i taped up the disks so none of it could! I gave it bout 5 coats but it wasnt 100% dry when i applied the next coat, it was just touch dry!

Looks good mate - but watch where your painting!

Only do the drums and calipers, don't touch the discs!
Titch :kungfu:

Nah i didnt paint them there was a run that ran onto the disk and when it got onto the pad it made a stinky smell and then warped the disks lol i wasnt that stoopid to paint my whole disk lol

Daz:alien:

Your perfectly fine to paint where Daz has done if you make sure the contact area on the discs is completely covered and once you have applied the paint that you let it dry 'completely' before using the car again.

I did the micra and the corolla like that and if done properly there is no risk, from an looks point of view, if the brakes are left unpainted they will rust very quickly and look like rear drums un-painted.

one point, why highlight your car has rear drum brakes and also in a bright red like that?!?! your callipers look good done red, but surely a black would have been a better choice for the drums

Kev

It looks a bit daft if you paint the front calipers and leave the rear drums black i think! Brake conversion is coming soon when i have prices of the engine jobbies that are gettin done :p

big plans!!

Yea - got to say if your doing the front ones - do the bact to. Brake conversion eh? What you planning wee lad!
Sitting at a computer the now waiting for George to call and say he's ready for the car! Need to get work done before hand tho! Bah!
Titch :p
:kungfu:

well black drums are better then bright red ones lol! It doesn't look out place as the black blends in nicely and doesn't shout rear drum brakes like a bright colour would do.

I painted over my rear drums in black and my callipers in a blue.

Kev

lol nope, its a lil place that makes cars go faster :p They wont be doing the brake conversion, i'll b doing that, but they will be doing something to my engine thats gonna cause me to need bigger brakes!

Ptshh

Back