Rear wiper motor trouble

johnhum

Buy & Sell Member
im having problems with getting the rear wiper motor in my k11 to work. it has not worked since i got the car and im not sure why. the rear washer jet works but the wiper doesnt and it is not a blown fuse because i have checked. There is power getting to the electrical connector for the wiper motor in the car (blue wire). i have got another wiper motor from the scrap yard and it wouldnt work even when a mechanic confirmed it was in full working order.
Any ideas why it wont work?
All ideas will be appreciated. john

im having problems with getting the rear wiper motor in my k11 to work. it has not worked since i got the car and im not sure why. the rear washer jet works but the wiper doesnt and it is not a blown fuse because i have checked. There is power getting to the electrical connector for the wiper motor in the car (blue wire). i have got another wiper motor from the scrap yard and it wouldnt work even when a mechanic confirmed it was in full working order.
Any ideas why it wont work?
All ideas will be appreciated. john

have you checked all the fuses? even unrelated ones?
have you checked the relay in the back? behind the carpet on the right
have you checked the continuity of all the wires running into the hatch to make sure one is not pinched?

Thanks for the quick reply and the ideas NeX. i have checked every fuse but i havent checked the relay yet. i was going to check all of the wiring as a last resort because of it being time consuming. Could it still be a nipped wire because their is still power getting to the connector?

have you checked all the fuses? even unrelated ones?
have you checked the relay in the back? behind the carpet on the right
have you checked the continuity of all the wires running into the hatch to make sure one is not pinched?

Ive just checked the wires running into the hatch within the rubber sleeve, at least 3 wires are completely ripped apart. thanks for telling me about this NeX. i will be working with the electrical tape for a bit now. :grinning:

Back