Rear wiper motor

Does a facelift micra rear wiper motor directly fit on to a prefacelift micra?

I want to put a facelift micra rear wiper arm on that sits flush with the tailgate and not upright like the one thats on my prefacelift already.

Any suggestions please?

Micka.

Sorry, can't answer your question, but I did what you want to do on my Almera by taking the wiper motor gear housing apart and moving the pivot pin 180 degrees (ie to the opposite of the gear wheel).

Sorry, can't answer your question, but I did what you want to do on my Almera by taking the wiper motor gear housing apart and moving the pivot pin 180 degrees (ie to the opposite of the gear wheel).

Having read that again it is a rubbish answer!!:p

I reckon you should be able to get the pre face lift wiper motor/arm to sit horizontally at the bottom of the window. Firstly remove the wiper motor from the car, then remove the gear housing cover, then it is a matter of repositioning the pivot pin on the gear wheel. It needs to be moved half a rotation of the gear (180 degrees).

Like I said, I did this on an almera, I would guess the insides of the motors are very similar.(Y)

Not sure if the facelift is a direct fit to prefacelift. But you could just cut one of the 3 cables (dont remmber which one) and it will stop wer you want it to. Only problem is it stops anywhere you have to place it where you want.

I'm a paid member and can't see that guide too.
Today I've opened the motor gear and I must tell you that repositioning the pin does not solve the problem. You'd need to get the motor run backwards or whatever is called...

Back