Rear Wheel Bearings

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Anyone replaced these before? Going to try and do the rear ones this weekend by myself, got tools, haynes and a a will to do it, anything I need to watch out for?

My mechanic who normally helps said the nut holding it on will be a prick to get off. Anything else?

Cheers,
Matt

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
cheers for confirming thread, i managed to bend my first 1/2 inch breaker bar lol

went and got a good quality one, + about a half metre extension, then starting jumping on the end lol (no really) and still couldn't crack the driver side!

So after 2 hours + trying to get one nut off, a destroyed breaker bar and a damaged rattle gun I'm out of ideas lol. I got hte passeneger off, which was the broken bearing, so its driveable, but I want to get that other one off lol.

On another note, Nick (nsm) can you price me a rear brake cylinder? I pulled the drum off the driver side to find it had exploded (some time ago lol) so I had to buy a new one in a hurry, but the other side isn't in great condition and I'll be damned if I have to pay $60 for another one lol.

Cheers
Matt

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
i thought that, but the haynes doesn't say anything, and the way the hub bolts on its not rotating so I don't see the need for a left hand thread.

I did try a few strikes to the left in the hope of it being left handed or at least jaring it free but no joy.

Back