Rear Wheel Bearings - hurting ears

Anybody know a place that does rear wheel bearing set for cheaper than 131.58? The extra stain from new wheel offset has pushed them into failing.
Many thanks.

Sounds like a plan, just for reference what kind of mileage are these items good for? When i bought the car last year the rear bearing had been just replaced and i've done about 12k since. I thought they "should" last at least 60k!

hard to say, as depends how theyve been used (mine had done over 80k and only one was one its way out)...i just jacked the car up and made sure there wasnt any play on the bearings, though mine where from a 30k car so the lower the mileage the better i suppose.

out of curiousty have you checked to make sure the nuts are at the correct torque? incase they just losened off slightly...if not maybe worth checking to save you hunting parts :)

yeah you are quite right i shouldnt jump to conclusions. I might do a wheel rotation if that dosent sort it. Its just so annoying im gagging to rebuild the suspension and replace all the saggy bushes but i keep getting another general mechanical problem surfacing. At the moment driving me mad is the exhaust shield rattling, the ball joint clonking and the rear wheel howling at me!

Back