Rear Sun Roof Drainage Pipe!

Hi my next project is to rectify the worse design fault ever on the Micra! I have a 2003 1.4SE+ and want to re-route the rear drainage pipe that goes through the C pillar and drains into the sill! I am thinking of re- routing it through the rear wheel arch through a pre-drilled hole with a rubber grommet through which the drainage pipe will go and drain out! I know of one fellow member who extended the drainage pipe through the sill but I want to avoid the pipe going into the sill. Any suggestions, information or pics on this task would be greatly appreciated?
Cheers
Andy B-)

the front drainage goes down the A-pillar and straight into a blocked/closed box-section of the side sills, and since the sunroof glass seal is porous and allows a constant source of water to leak in & drain, it's the main cause of rusty sills.

k550i-628-jpg.41525

to stop the water from flooding inside the sills you either have to allow it to drain out through the chassis (bypass the pipe through a cut hole), or stop water getting in by removing the sunroof plus A-pillar arial and welding a panel to seal it off, or replace with non-sunroof roof section.

the rear drainage goes down the C-pillar and curves inwards through the chassis wall and drains out in open air anyway.

back-8-jpg.47680

this rear corner section of the chassis that contains the cabin outlet vent is flawed and prone to rust because water from the boot or rear lights or wheel arch over the yrs can easily be trapped in this closed cavity making it rust.

I welded mine up and rerouted the drain

imag3315-jpg.47758

Thanks for your replies I was told that the rear pipe goes down the C pillar and drains into the sill just forward of the rear wheel arch? r-reg Mste can't see your pics when I click on it just takes me back to the menu? :-(

Hi Paul I did find the pipe in the light recess but due to it's black colour mistook in for a electric cable wrap I thought it would be clear/transparent like it is above the food lining! Where does the pipe it exit the body work?
Andy B-)

Hi Paul I did find the pipe in the light recess but due to it's black colour mistook in for a electric cable wrap I thought it would be clear/transparent like it is above the food lining! Where does the pipe it exit the body work?
Andy B-)

the pipe just pokes through that inner section and just drains straight to the ground in front of the rear bumper

Back