Rear speakers

rossmc

Ex. Club Member
Pondering fitting speakers to the parcel shelf of our 2002 Micra K11. I have found 2 sets of leads under the carpet in the boot, but am not sure what they're for, am hoping speakers! One has a 2 pin connector and the other has 4 pins, is this something else? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

I dont know about the facelift k11 but I found the rear speaker wire hidden on the right side of the boot behind the covering, should be four wires (which can be matched up to the colours shown in the wiring diagrams in haynes manual) which have a nissan standard block on the end, most people cut this off and wire it up themselves... I did this using a chocolate block.

Haven't got a copy of haynes to hand/none on ebay and can't find any online. Don't suppose anyone has an image of the kind of connector I'm looking for?

Also if anyone could suggest the easiest way to mount speakers to a parcel shelf that'd be great too!

I'll try and scan the wiring diagram for you tommorow, the connecter you need can be called a terminal block or chocolate block and looks like this: http://www.mylittleworld.co.uk/acatalog/4_terminal_block.jpg

If you've got light speakers they should be okay on the current parcel shelf, some 6x9s will be to heavy and some people will say you won't get good sound quality from the standard parcel shelf and should use MDF but its not like the car is quiet inside anyway.

Excellent thanks for your help ! :).

Sorry am new to all this!
Have not really looked at the parcel properly yet but am I going to have to jigsaw a hole in the shelf and put the speakers through?

Or I have seen some cars on the internet where the speakers are what looks like mounted behind the "cloth" on the shelf.

yeah a jigsaw will go through fine....

rossmc said:
Or I have seen some cars on the internet where the speakers are what looks like mounted behind the "cloth" on the shelf.

their called stealth shelfs, simply to stop people knowing you've got the speakers, got a feeling the micra one is about £70.

rossmc said:

Sorry am new to all this!
Have not really looked at the parcel properly yet but am I going to have to jigsaw a hole in the shelf and put the speakers through?

not sure what speakers you are going to get, but there could be a chance that if you put them on the standard parcel shelf they may be to heavy and the shelf will bow after time, or there could be a chance that they simply dont fit..i have never looked at a parcel shelf on the newer micras but on mine the shape was all wrong and i had to make a new shelf in order for the speakers to fit.

i have got 6x9's in the back of my car, i made a new parcel shelf out of mdf..unfortunatly my camera is broke, so i cant take no pics for you!

Back