Parcel Shelf Speakers

TomDimmock

Ex. Club Member
I have got a couple of 6x9's that I plan to fit to my parcel shelf. However, I have come across a small design problem. Once fitted, it means you have to keep your parcel shelf in at all times.

If I required more space, and had to remove the parcel shelf, it would mean that I had to completely remove the speakers. And taking them in and out all the time would loosen the spade terminals that are attached to the speaker itself.

Therefore I ask, has anyone tried or considered adding a form of connector to their wires to make them more durable to being taken in and out?

An example of what I am on about would be a smaller version of the powerlead for lawnmowers (shown below)

p1436235_x.jpg

Regards
Tom :greenfl:

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Yes, i use a stereo plug from maplins, one for each speaker.
The type that you get on hi-fi systems and scart leads...
component-video-cable-5RCA.jpg

Like those...

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Those plugs above are not really designed to take the power, usually they prefer lower voltages/current.

Try using a speakon connector :)

johnsams

MICRAPOWER!
Club Member
i used the usual chocolote boxes/connector boxes for mine, holds them in well, and makes it pretty easy to just take out with just a screwdriver...

Nicknacknu

Ex. Club Member
i just use iso connectors, its the proper audio connection, ive got one on me sub, they are about £3 from halfords, its like a "make your own iso" kit lol, they are really easy to use too.

Nick.

OP
OP
TomDimmock

TomDimmock

Ex. Club Member
i just use iso connectors, its the proper audio connection, ive got one on me sub, they are about £3 from halfords, its like a "make your own iso" kit lol, they are really easy to use too.

Thats what I bought in the end...£3.99 from halfords, and really easy to use

Regards
Tom :greenfl: