Rear Shock Absorbers......

As above, what are the procedures to change them with lowering aprings, any easy steps to follow faultlessly??

Cheers, Thanks in advance!!!

J

I assume you mean changing the springs over, when fitting lowering springs you don't need to touch the shock absorbers.
Its as simple as pulling the old ones out and sliding the new ones in. Spring compressors will help but aren't vital.

Hi thanks for your reply, what i want to do is fir lowering springs at the back and also fit new KYB gas shock absorbers, is there any procedure i need to go by, is it a one man job?

Cheers

J

Hi cheers for the replys, where is the best place to jack the car apart from the sill area, wanna keep away from there.... do i undo both shocks (nuts) then jack up? and also to change the springs over to lowering, does this take long? big job one man job?

Thanks in Adnvance!

J

I jack it using the bit the towing eye connects to and a block of wood, if it bends then you've gone too far away from the towing eye.
Yes it's a one man job, loosen the bottom shock bolts before you jack it up otherwise the car will slip off the jack and land on your headpiece.
Get some axel stands onto the chassis legs at the back, it's a whole load safer.

Hi ollyc98, appreciated for your reply, i just dont wanna F--K around allday on something that easily done without problems if you see what i mean, basically - jack the car up, and change whats needed and back on the road!!! just outa curiosity, roughly how long does thing sort of take to do? so i can keep myself within good resonable time, not that id be in a rush e.t.c.

J

I have to see, it was easy!! 30 mins and i am driving a low rider :) 35 m drop with 1 coil chopped of and feeeeels damn good, need the fronts done now ...... and looks sweet.

Cheers for the help guys...

J

I had 35 mm springs, cut 1 coil off on all 4 springs, only fitted the rear fro now, anyway where the springs sit in a rubber seatcup i tieclipped it on top of the spring so when you lower the car slowly it will have no choice but to sit in nice an sweet, and true i fitted the springs without taking the absorbers off it was easy 30 mins all in all from start to finish to do the 2 rears looks bloody nice too but at the momnt looks weir as the rears are low and the fronts high, seems like i have 2 bags of cement in the boot if you have the idea!! and drives real nice .....

Cheers

J

Back