Shock absorbers

Hi guys ive got 40mm drop lowering springs and im just wondering what shock absorbers i should get to go with these springs and whats the best ones or the best value for money
Cheers

Unless you want or need new shocks, you can just fit the springs without any problems. May I suggest you get an adjustable panhard rod though. This will correct the sideways shift in the rear axle when it's lowered.

Unless you want or need new shocks, you can just fit the springs without any problems. May I suggest you get an adjustable panhard rod though. This will correct the sideways shift in the rear axle when it's lowered.
Right okay. Just because the description with the springs says the recommend getting different shocks. And where can i get this rod and is it easy to fit?

Whiteline do one and also I'd check if anyone in here is selling one. Matt humphries of Oxford. Also check out brightspark racing. You can always modify your own if you want to save money and have a welder. They're only held on by a couple of nuts and bolts. They can sieze on though. If you look under the back of your car, its the long bar that runs from the chassis to the axle.

Whiteline do one and also I'd check if anyone in here is selling one. Matt humphries of Oxford. Also check out brightspark racing. You can always modify your own if you want to save money and have a welder. They're only held on by a couple of nuts and bolts. They can sieze on though. If you look under the back of your car, its the long bar that runs from the chassis to the axle.
Right okay. Is this something i really need? Because i know people who dont have one of these. The only thing ive been told is i may need to get new shocks because of the hight change

You only need to change rear shocks if you go lower than 40mm. No you don't need an adjustable panhard. I'm a stickler for it being right though, and I didn't like my axle being slightly offset.

You've not said if you need new shocks. If you do though; everyone has an opinion. I use Monroe Reflex ones. Its up to you how much you want to spend.

You've not said if you need new shocks. If you do though; everyone has an opinion. I use Monroe Reflex ones. Its up to you how much you want to spend.
I dont know if i need them its just my dad things i might need them because of the height the car will be. And when getting the springs on the description it says they advise getting shortened shocks

Well no you don't need them. Its only if you go lower than 40mm that the springs at the rear become uncaptive at full extension. I suggest you fit them at the rear and see if they're OK. Its only takes 20 mins to swap them.

Last edited:
Back