Shock absorbers

Hi all

Relatively new to this forum but it's helped me so much and is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to my micra. Appreciate it

My background - I drive a 2001 facelift Micra k11 1.0l. The reason for purchase was i needed some part time income and i found a job as a delivery driver on the weekends whilst i complete my studies. Despite being a little apprehensive, I went ahead and bought a micra after much recommendations and haven't looked back since. I have to say they are fantastic little things!

My issue - My front shocks are on the way out. I cover a lot of mileage in a year, which includes urban and A roads, and this has started to affect my handling. I would appreciate some recommendations for some new shocks with the requisite of primarily comfort, due to the amount i drive, and of course better handling. I am unsure on which to go for but i have been looking at excel-G gas shocks. Are these fit for purpose and if not can anyone recommend any better ones. I also don't mind changing the rear and springs too while I'm at it

I use Monroe Reflex shocks all round and FC Automotive 35mm drop springs. Its the springs that give you the harsher ride really. If you want comfort then just put some OEM shocks on.

Back