Rear ligth removal.

Nans_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Hi, could somebody please tell me how to remove the rear lights on my k12?

There seems to be more than the 2 obvious bolts holding them on. I didn't want to yank on them too hard without really knowing what I'm doing:p

It's usually the case of the obvious bolts to undo, but there also held on by a layer of glue stuff (tiger seal???) I think most people heat it up and then it should just peel of. Baring in mind this is on my k11 but Im fairly confident it'd be the same on most cars.

I dont think there's any glue cos it feels like there's a clip or a bolt hidden behind the unit and I'm able to wobble it about quite a bit. Need to get this sorted ASAP, feels like it's about rain big time.

Undo the bolts then pull them off, bearing in mind there are some small clips that hold them on. They need a good tug to get them off, just don't break the clips like I did when I had a k12.

Oops!

Me too. I have a small amount of water in the boot d/s. Removed light cluster to investigate and broke the clip, no mention of the clip in the handbook it just shows 2 bolts and the light falls out. Other side was already broken can not see how you can get them off with out breaking them and if at all possible how would you get them back on????
Anyway if the clips are broken is this a problem???
Anyone else had water in boot?????

Cheers.

Back