Facelift K11C Front and Rear Badge Removal.

Hi....finally starting to attack the car, cosmetically to begin with as, it is a daily runner and seems fairly sorted, for now!

I want to remove and replace both badges with the smaller ones. I know the rear one is glued on, assuming the front one is too?

What is the best way to get this off without destroying the paint etc please?

seeing as I am at it, asking dumb questions that is, the silver trim on the two openings at the front, does it come off easily? Prefer them off and the whole thing to be black vs chrome.

Thanking you in advance :)

25hpwnr.png

Hi....finally starting to attack the car, cosmetically to begin with as, it is a daily runner and seems fairly sorted, for now!

I want to remove and replace both badges with the smaller ones. I know the rear one is glued on, assuming the front one is too?

What is the best way to get this off without destroying the paint etc please?

seeing as I am at it, asking dumb questions that is, the silver trim on the two openings at the front, does it come off easily? Prefer them off and the whole thing to be black vs chrome.

Thanking you in advance :)

25hpwnr.png
I find fishing line is good to cut the glue, once you get it started, very carefully, with something sharp

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Thanks!

So sharp craft knife to break the 'seal' with the glue then, go at it with fishing line?

Back one has to come off so the old boot handle can replace it.

Is the mock chrome stuff stuck on as well, about to go remove them from the front of the car.....not the most patient of people so, helps to know before I charge at it :)

The grill is meant to be held onto the bonnet by 2-3 screws, mine didn't have any holding it in, just the usual push fitting stuff.

Will have a look at how the 'chrome' facing is attached to the plastic tomorrow, vs breaking it :)

Back