rear light Question!?

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
feel really dumb for having to ask but i cant get my rear lights off my car! is it the bolts around the edge that free them up or? its annoying me! im just trying to get them out so that i can tint them! quick reply if poss! :p cheers bomb

I believe once you've undone the bolts you have to cut the seal around the edge - from what i remember from the haynes.....

Yep thats right. So remember have sealant on standby for when your putting them back in

nissan like to make the easiest jobs hard!
and i cant get my car in the garage to do it either! so its either wait till i can take it inside or rip the sealent off!

right so do i just hit em from the inside or just keep ripping at the sealent till they fall out?

When taking them out for the first time it can sometimes be a right sod to completely remove them as the sealant won't let go lol!

kev do i just bash it? it doesnt matter as ive got 3 sets of lights if not 4 but i dont want to damage the lenses as they r march ones!

brute force really from the inside, use a hair dryer to soften it. its REALLY important also that it seals correctly when its put back in or your car will fill with water every time it rains.

i took a lil chip off one lens with stupidity and a screwdriver but they are both out stripped of sealent and with one layer if tint!:laugh: cheers guys!

lol just keep pulling and keep telling yourself your stronger then the sealant is lol!

Kev

hahaha lol rofl cheer guys i did it already tho! and without having to bring in the "uga cha cha" chants for more strength! prime example of msc comming in from the garage finding an answer an going to try again! thanx bomb:laugh:

bombz4 said:
hahaha lol rofl cheer guys i did it already tho! and without having to bring in the "uga cha cha" chants for more strength! prime example of msc comming in from the garage finding an answer an going to try again! thanx bomb:laugh:

Heh, I get impatient with forums... whenever im looking for an answer its gotta be just there.

If if it does take me 3 hours to find it! :down:

im surpirsed they wont come out easy as it wasnt that long ago i fitted them to the car lol :p use a rubber mallet to get the loose then get the light from both sides and pul it gentley if you pull from just one side the light will crack ;) had some fun getting the old ones off lol

bombz4 said:
right so do i just hit em from the inside till they fall out?

here's the very tool for the job :D View attachment 5735 Only kidding,
cut as much sealant as you can with a stanley blade, soften the remaining sealant with a hair dryer, then try to push them out, remember to try to keep an even, steady pressure on them.

Back