clear rear light bulbholders

Paynee

Ex. Club Member
iv got my rear lights fitted as some of you know but one of my rear bulbs is out. just been stopped and given a producer about it there and was wondering what bulbholders, if any fit the clear lights cus it seems like a right hassle having to take lights out, cut cable ties to get bulbholders out and change the bulb then go throught the same hassle to replace them. thinking maybe they might be designed to take march bulbholders, if there any different. anyone know where i can get hold of some bulbholders that fit directly.

cheers
dave

dave, dont quite understand where ur cuming from but its no hassle to change mine, i simply go in the boot, pull the carpet back a little and pull the bulb holders out, i think mine might be duck taped in but they stay in without duck tape anyway, it cudnt b simpler, sorry if im misunderstanding

Big_ben said:
dave, dont quite understand where ur cuming from but its no hassle to change mine, i simply go in the boot, pull the carpet back a little and pull the bulb holders out, i think mine might be duck taped in but they stay in without duck tape anyway, it cudnt b simpler, sorry if im misunderstanding

With Ben on this one mate to.
Shouldn't need cable ties to hold it in.

U can use either cable ties or tape which ever suits u, but I found tape easier just incase such a problem occured. Means u can just then stick it back up or add more tape if need be...

well mine held in with cable ties, just the way they were when i got em from bod. i could use tape i suppose but the cable ties are more secure. ben you said yours are alright even when there not secured in with anything, see mine arnt i think they would workthemselves loose in no time, hence why im not keen on using tape.

anyway back do the point, does anyone know if any bulbholders fit directly so it would just be a case of unclipping the whole bulbholder like on std lights?

Sorry forgot that bit, lol

If u can get hold of any march bulb holders they would fit.... but i dont think they come with a fog light, so ur better off stopping with what u have afaik.

This is the crack.

The reason that the CLEAR lights have to be modified OR you have to 'tape' your bulb holders in is because the BACK of the clear lights is based on the JAP micra/march.

So the difference between the UK bulb holders and the CLEAR/JAP bulb holders is this:

a uk rear light cluster is arranged like this.

LEFT RIGHT

TOP : BRAKE TOP: BRAKE
MIDDLE: INDICATOR MIDDLE: INDICATOR
BOTTOM: REVERSE BOTTOM: FOG LIGHT

a JAP/CLEAR light cluster is arranged as follows:

LEFT RIGHT

TOP : INDICATOR TOP: INDICATOR
MIDDLE: REVERSE MIDDLE: REVERSE
BOTTOM : BRAKE BOTTOM: BRAKE

In picture: on the left is a UK Light, on right is a JAP ( same as clear ) light

http://easypichost.com/kristianwar/DSCN1843.JPG

So..

In order to have a clip-in..clip-out.. perfect fitment You need JAP bulb holders.
...BUT are two catches.

You need to rearrange the 'pins' in the connecting plug for them to work ( very easy to do -> 2mins )

AND you lights will be in a different order...

.. this can be seen as a benefit as you will have you indicators at the top and you brake light at the bottom, So will be different to usual. This is how I have mine.

The deal with the fog light is that it will work perfectly. no modifications needed, just a red bulb.

Reverse will still be on the left and fog will be on the right. albeit in the middle of the cluster as oppose to the bottom...

I prob went a bit OTT on this.. but SO many people seem to have a problem with it. confusion over the fog light and what not.

Kristian

thanks for that kris, now just need to source some march bulbholders, will i be able to get these from my local nissan dealer for a ridiculously expensive price, or can anyone point me towards where i can get some from

Back