rear lights

richarda

Ex. Club Member
i want to tint my rear lights on my car but i cant get the lights out of the car. basicly ive taken out the 3 bolts that hold the rear light in but looking at the lights there is some black soft stuff holding the lights in still.

does anyone know the best way of getting the lights out at all as they dont seem to wanna move.

That's super duper sticky stuff

Use a stanley knife or something similar. Carefully pull the lights out as far as u can and slice through the black gummy stuff. That's the only other thing holding them in. B4 u take them out tho, make sure u have some new stuff to hand as u will need to seal it back up again to prevent water etc from getting in. Good luck!! :)

ya telling me ems, the stuff is mad! all i wanna do is tint my rear lights. might buy a 2nd set of lights spray them up etc and then just swap them over when there done lol

might buy a 2nd set of lights spray them up etc and then just swap them over when there done lol

then you still have to remove the old ones!!!
use a long screwdriver and pry the light out a bit then cut away the sealer with a blade, but be careful when you pry the light so as not to break it or damage body. it sounds bad but it's not hard really.

yeah i know but just means i can take my time spraying the lights up etc and then when it comes to it just do a stright swap over and re seal the lights.

ill give it ago and see what happens, thats what im worried about either damaging the lights or the body of the car which i really dont wanna do

y not spary them when there on the car? i done that with mine masked off round the light and worked a treat for me

I done this the other day, changed to a set of lovely looking clear lights for my micra

the black stuff is a right pain but a stanley blade and some patience gets the job done in no time

when you get them tinted post up some pictures of the motor for all to see

Take it easy,

best way to take them off is to heat the black sticky stuff with a hair dryer... then pull/prise them offf (heating makes a HUGE difference to how easy it is).

Also if you re-heat the black stuff before putting the lights back on they should re-seal without needing to put any more sticky stuff on...

Back