rear disc axel

they got for around £70+...

and are a ##### to fit...the old one is a bastid to remove as the trailing arm bolts are impossiale to undo...

so old one needs to be cut off..

and the new one needs brake pipes etc etc...garuentee it will need new discs aswell if its second hand.

they do stop noticiabilly better than drums...but for all the hasstle i reckon itss not worth it.

gettin the axels off is no probs for me, i know the usal would need doing and i would need to take all the parts and fit to mine, just wanted to know if there was anythink i should be aware of?

they got for around £70+...

and are a ##### to fit...the old one is a bastid to remove as the trailing arm bolts are impossiale to undo...

so old one needs to be cut off..

and the new one needs brake pipes etc etc...garuentee it will need new discs aswell if its second hand.

they do stop noticiabilly better than drums...but for all the hasstle i reckon itss not worth it.

They are a pain to get off unless you are very very lucky. Most of the bolts will be correded to the bush casings. It's best to write off all the trailing arms and figure on replacing them with a set from Matt either with stock bushes or Nismo ones if you're feeling flush. I would also write off the discs and pads and also expect to have to re-build the calipers as they tend to have a habit of siezing when not used......again, you maybe lucky but don't be surprised if you getra nasty whip from the rear under heavy braking.

As for braking performance, not much different from drums. Initial bite is less being a disc.......the only advantage and reason for me upgrading was they don't suffer from heat buildup on a track, so give more consistant braking. If this is your motivation then it's worth it in the long run, if it's just for looks it may prove to cost you a fair sum to get it all setup and working right.

Just so you know, as I did this many years ago and re-built the rear axle last year.

They are a pain to get off unless you are very very lucky. Most of the bolts will be correded to the bush casings. It's best to write off all the trailing arms and figure on replacing them with a set from Matt either with stock bushes or Nismo ones if you're feeling flush. I would also write off the discs and pads and also expect to have to re-build the calipers as they tend to have a habit of siezing when not used......again, you maybe lucky but don't be surprised if you getra nasty whip from the rear under heavy braking.

As for braking performance, not much different from drums. Initial bite is less being a disc.......the only advantage and reason for me upgrading was they don't suffer from heat buildup on a track, so give more consistant braking. If this is your motivation then it's worth it in the long run, if it's just for looks it may prove to cost you a fair sum to get it all setup and working right.

Just so you know, as I did this many years ago and re-built the rear axle last year.

hmmm seems like a fun job to do, i very much intend on raceing it so i think it will be worth it for me, hey ho i need every bit of advantage over phil when it comes to me kicking his ass :laugh:

I still have a rear axel lying around that I still need to fit. I was wondering, are there any (ultra small) performance discs that will fit on there to replace those smooth stock ones? Just curious.

Back